Illinois Moving Companies
Moving from Illinois?
When you're looking for the most affordable, stress-free way to move from Illinois, look no further than U-Pack® Moving. We deliver a moving trailer or moving container to your home. You load, and we deliver your belongings to your new home for unloading. With a network of 240 service centers, we can move you anywhere in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico.
Get a free moving quote today and compare it to other Illinois moving companies.
Interesting Facts About Illinois
- Abraham Lincoln moved to Illinois at age 21 and stayed here until he became president, which is the reason the state is sometimes called the Land of Lincoln.
- It’s a great place for fast food restaurants. The world's first McDonald's franchise opened in Des Plaines in 1955, and the first Dairy Queen opened in Joliet in 1940.
- The Illinois state dance is square dancing.
- Every year on St. Patrick's Day, the Chicago River is dyed green to honor of the city's Irish heritage.
- The state’s name comes from the French word meaning Land of Illini, which is an Algonquin word for warriors.
- The highest point in the state is Charles Mound, which is only 1,235 feet above sea level. It’s the 45th state regarding elevation.
Where Do People Move To from Illinois?
It’s no surprise that the majority of moves in Illinois originate from Chicago since it’s the largest city. But where do those people go? Over the years, we’ve found some common themes. If you’re going to one of these cities, check out the guides below to learn more.