Military Moving Services


An Easy, Affordable Solution for PCS Moves

If you’re making a military move to another state and want to save money, U-Pack is the solution. Just pack and load your belongings into a moving trailer or ReloCube® container, and we’ll move them quickly, safely and affordably to your new duty station. It’s a great way to stay on budget! And, our experienced military moving specialists track your shipment along the way to make sure you have what you need for easy PPM reimbursement. 

Money in Your Pocket

U-Pack rates are based on space, and you control the price as you load. If you use less space, you pay less — and you get to keep what’s left over from your moving allowance. See how much a U-Pack PPM costs.

No Driving A Moving Truck

We do the driving, so you’re free to travel to your new duty station in the comfort of your own vehicle. You load and unload, and we’ll deliver right to your door — transit times average just 4-6 business days. Learn more about how U-Pack works.

Weight Tickets

You need weight tickets for reimbursement, and we can help! We’ll make sure your equipment is weighed correctly, so you have what you need for easy reimbursement. Just let us know you need them before your move. Learn more about weight tickets.

Discounted Rates

We bundle everything together in one low price: the moving equipment, transportation, fuel and basic liability coverage — and there’s no deposit required. We also offer military moving discounts! See how our savings compare.

Plan Your Military Move with U-Pack

We make it easy! Our simple PPM checklist offers a quick way to make sure you don’t miss anything — just print it and mark things off as you go.

Here are some things you don’t want to miss:

  • Schedule a meeting with your Transportation Office. During this meeting, you can fill out the paperwork to complete a PPM and get information about weight allowances and reimbursement.
  • Get a quote from U-Pack. Once you have all the details, give us a call to discuss your options and budget. Reserve your move ASAP to guarantee the move date and equipment.
  • Choose the details that work for you. With U-Pack, you get to select the move date and services that best fit your needs. 
  • Prepare your family. Talk about all the plans, and don’t forget about the resources available through The Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR) program to help with the transition.
  • Learn about branch-specific information. There are subtle differences required in reimbursement paperwork and processes for each branch. We’ve created guides to help you navigate these:
  • Keep track of all paperwork. Create a moving file to keep all receipts and paperwork in one place.
  • Submit your claims. Within 45 days of arriving at your new duty station, submit your claim for reimbursement.
  • Update everything. Give your new contact information to the new TO, DEERS and TRICARE.

And, don’t forget to print out our general moving checklist, too. It’s everything not military-specific and will help you stay on track while you’re planning a move, so you don’t miss a thing!   

FAQs about DITY Moves


What’s a PPM military move?

A Personally Procured Move, also known as a DITY move (do-it-yourself), is a move where you handle both planning and execution rather than the government setting it up for you. It’s often faster than a traditional government move. With this option, the government pays you 100% of what they would have paid government movers, and anything left after paying the moving company is yours to keep!

Where does U-Pack provide military moving services?

We service all 50 states, including bases in Hawaii and Alaska. We can deliver on-base, off-base or to temporary housing. Or, to save more, you can unload at a local service center.

Can I pack my own stuff?

Yes! With a PPM, you pack and load your household goods.

What documents do I need to get reimbursed for a PPM?

The exact documentation varies by branch, but these documents are commonly required:

  • DD Form 2278 (Application for move and counseling checklist)
  • DD Form 1351-2 (Travel voucher)
  • Copy of PCS travel orders
  • Certified weight tickets
  • Copy of paid rental agreement
  • Copy of vehicle registration when utilizing POV and/or boat/trailer

Talk with your Transportation Office to determine your exact requirements.

Note: Remember that lodging and meals are not part of the household goods budget. Still, they may be covered by the Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE) or Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA, for OCONUS moves) and per diem, so keep your receipts.

Can I move my Pro Gear in a PPM?

Yes, you can move your Pro Gear, but there are limits to the amount and type of pro gear that can be reimbursed. Read more about the guidelines on military pro-gear.

Ready to Serve You

Our military moving specialists are standing by, ready to help with your relocation. Let us know your needs and we’ll help plan a move that fits your budget. Call us 844-362-5303844-594-3077 to get started! Thank you for your service!