U-Pack Do Not Ship List
List of things not to pack
Did you know some household items can’t be transported in U-Pack® equipment? While most of your things will be safe to pack, your shipment shouldn’t include anything poisonous, flammable, corrosive or perishable. Common examples are cleaning supplies, motor oil and fireworks. Either use these items, give them away or dispose of them properly before moving.
Such items include, but are not limited to:
|Acetone||Kerosene||Paint or varnish remover|
|Ammonia||Lamp oil||Polishes: liquid, or shoe|
|Bleach||Leather dressing or bleach||Poisons|
|Charcoal briquettes||Lighter fluids||Propane or other gas/ gas tanks|
|Compound-3 weed killers||Matches||Stains|
|Denatured alcohol||Motor oil||Turpentine|
|Enamel||Nail polish and remover||Varnish|
|Gasoline||Oil stains for wood||Wood filler|
|Insecticides and pesticides||Paint||Weed Killer|
|Alcoholic beverages||Fluid cleaners||Flame retardant compounds|
|Alcohols||Corrosive liquids||Iron/steel rust preventatives|
|Camphor oil||Battery with acids||Dyes|
|Ammunition||Fuse lighters||Signal flares|
|Black powder||Igniters or primers||Smokeless powder|
|Blasting caps||Firearms||Souvenir explosives/instruments of war|
|Dynamite (plastics or any similar explosives)||Matches||Spear guns having charged heads|
|Explosives auto alarms||Propellants||Sterno|
|Fireworks||Propane tanks||Toy propellant or smoke devices|
|Engine starting fluids||Gasses used in welding||Aerosols|
|Fire extinguisher||Scuba diving tanks||Chlorinated hydrocarbons in decorative lamps|
|Frozen food||Plants||Refrigerated foods|
|Open or partially-used foods||Produce||Food in glass jars|
|Automobiles||One of a kind artwork||Photos, photo albums|
- Some items can be easily moved with you. Find out how to move firearms and ammunition, houseplants and pets.
- We strongly recommend throwing away any liquids in open containers.
- Internal combustion engines or small outdoor equipment (like lawnmowers) can be shipped, but you must drain all fluids (gasoline or diesel, motor oil, etc.) before loading.
- If you ship used outdoor household articles from a federally regulated gypsy moth area to a non-regulated area, you must certify that the used outdoor articles have been inspected and do not contain gypsy moth egg masses. Any questionable items should not be shipped. A completed Gypsy Moth/Insect Inspection Checklist must be provided to U-Pack before equipment dispatch.
- Federal and State law enforcement agencies frequently inspect our trailers and facilities for the presence of illegal shipments. U-Pack fully cooperates with all law enforcement agencies conducting investigations in the trafficking of illegal substances.
If you have any questions about what’s allowed, please contact us at 844-362-5303844-594-3077.