How Big is the ReloCube?
Exact ReloCube Dimensions
Exterior: 6’3” x 7’ x 8’4”
Interior: 5’ 10” x 6’ 10” x 7’ 9”
Cubic footage: 308
If you’re interested in using ReloCube® containers for a move, you might be wondering how much you can realistically expect to fit in each container. Each CubeTM can hold a maximum of 2,500 pounds of household goods, and most types of furniture will fit inside without a problem. But just to be sure, we recommend measuring your furniture and comparing the size to the internal dimensions of the ReloCube.
How Many will I Need?
A good rule of thumb is to get one Cube for every room in your home, but the actual number will depend on how heavily furnished those rooms are. Learn how many you may need using our space estimator tools. If in doubt, reserve an extra one. If you don’t use it, you won’t pay for it.
Can I Put a Mattress Inside?
This may be one of the most popular questions our customers ask. And the answer is YES. Any standard-size mattress will fit inside a ReloCube.
Standard mattress sizes are:
- Crib mattress: 28" x 52"
- Twin mattress: 39" x 75"
- XL twin mattress: 36" x 80"
- Full mattress: 54" x 75"
- XL full mattress: 54" x 80"
- Queen mattress: 60" x 80"
- King mattress: 76" x 80"
- California King mattress: 72" x 84"
- King Split mattress: 76" x 80"
Note: Mattress depth varies from 9-10" for a standard to 15-16" + for a pillow top
Here’s the best way to load a mattress in a ReloCube:
- Cover the mattress in a protective mattress bag and
- Place it in the Cube first, standing it upright or on its side against the back or side wall
- Secure the mattress to the wall using utility rope or straps
- Please note that Tempur-Pedic® mattresses requires special care. You should lay them flat — not on a side or folded. If you have questions about the best way to move other specific brands of mattresses, it's a good idea to check with the mattress manufacturer.
Will a Sofa Fit Inside a ReloCube?
If your sofa can stand on end, it will fit as long as it’s less than 92” in length. If it needs to stay flat, then it has to be less than 83” to fit.
Placing a sofa on its end is a great way to keep it safe during a move since many manufacturers recommend not loading items on top because they can damage the cushions and springs. After it’s loaded, attach ratchet straps or rope to the logistics tracking to keep the couch securely in place.
What if my Furniture Won’t Fit?
If your furniture is too big for a ReloCube, don’t worry! You can still move with U-Pack; you’ll just need to switch to the moving trailer. Trailers are 324” wide, 96” tall and 108” long internally. Use the space you need (down to a 5 linear foot minimum). If you have a ReloCube quote but want to switch to a trailer, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How to load a ReloCube