Effective Date: 5/11/2021
This policy applies only to our website, upack.com, and the personal information we collect via this site. It does not apply to any third-party site or service linked to our website or recommended or referred by our website, or by our personnel.
Please note that California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see U-Pack Privacy Notice for California Residents for more information.
What we collect
- Personal information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card information).
- In order to quote, book and arrange services for you we will also collect information regarding your move including origin location, destination location, moving dates and residence size.
- Personal information does not include any information exempted from such inclusion by statute or regulation, including any exceptions provided under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
- Site analytics which document your interactions with us through our website — this may include your IP address, type of browser or device you are using, operating system, ISP and referring URL.
- We also use third party service providers to help us monitor and improve the site who may use similar technologies to collect and process the same information.
- Demographic information from our website users and from third party providers.
- We allow our customers to review our services and take surveys both through our website and through third party sites.
How we use the information we collect
- Providing quotes
- Performing services and fulfilling your requests
- Collecting payment
- Identifying you on our site
- To complete your move
- Conducting research and analysis
- Marketing and advertising purposes
How we share your information
U-Pack may disclose information with third-party vendors and service providers that work with U-Pack or to other U-Pack affiliated companies. We will only share information to these vendors and service providers to help us provide a product or service to you or that provide products or services which are complementary to our services or are frequently utilized by our customers during a move. Examples of third parties we work with are call center operators, transportation service providers, motor carriers, moving labor providers, information processors or financial institutions. Third parties which help us provide the services to you only have access to the information necessary for them to complete their service.
U-Pack may be required to disclose personal information for legal purposes including disclosures to regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or through other legal processes. We may also share information when we believe it's necessary to comply with the law or to respond to a government request, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect U-Pack, our customers or others.
How we protect your information
We employ physical, administrative and technical safeguards and security techniques to appropriately protect confidential information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Payment information provided to us is processed in accordance with PCI DSS guidelines and may be tokenized for enhanced security. Because transmitting information to us over the internet involves networks, computers and devices for which we have no control or oversight we cannot guarantee the 100% security of information provided to us via the internet.
Website Service Providers and third-party tracking
We utilize third-party services on our website to assist with customer support, helpdesk support and other customer relationship tasks. These third parties may utilize their own cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies to collect information about you and to track you. Those activities will be governed by the third parties’ own privacy policies. We also use third parties to assist us in our marketing and advertisement targeting. These services will utilize tracking pixels and similar technology to track and serve advertisements to you on other websites. In order to opt out of such tracking you can utilize the following opt out link for the services provided by NAI members: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Referrals, Blogs, and Third-Party Websites
You’re in control
Do Not Track
We do not monitor, recognize or respond to any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Usage by minors
Children are not eligible to use U-Pack's services, and we ask that minors not submit any personal information to us.
ATTN: U-Pack Moving
PO Box 10048
Fort Smith, AR 72917