How Much Can I Save Using a Self-Pack Moving Company?
Self-Pack Moving Without the Driving
When it comes to moving, putting in a little effort can go a long way in terms of saving you money. While you could go with a complete do-it-yourself moving company (like a rental truck), why would you when there are options like U-Pack where you can do some of the work for a comparable savings?
U-Pack is a self-pack moving service where you do the packing and loading, but you don’t have to drive! When you’re trying to keep your moving costs down, but you don’t want to drive a rental truck, it’s the way to go.
How much will you save using a self-pack moving company? An online moving quote will show your price instantly.
Does Self-Packing Really Save Money?
If you’ve checked around, you probably noticed that full-service moving (that includes packing, loading, and transportation) is the most expensive way to move. If you break the costs down, where you’ll typically see the most significant hit to your pocket book is with packing help. And what I mean by “packing help” is the crew that comes in the days prior to your moving day, with all of the packing supplies you need to wrap, prepare, and box and/or crate your belongings. It's convenient, but it's also pricey.
If you’re willing and able to go the self-pack route, you’ll definitely save money moving. And depending on the size of your move, that savings can add up to hundreds and occasionally even thousands of dollars.
How does U-Pack Self-Packing Work?
If you’ve seen the “you pack, we drive, you save” tag line, and wondered exactly what it meant, here’s a brief explanation of how it works:
- You pack your belongings exactly how you want them (take a look at our packing tips).
- On your scheduled moving day, we’ll deliver a trailer or container(s) to your home – based on the type of equipment you select.
- You have up to three business days to load your belongings exactly how you want them, and pay based on the space you use inside the trailer, or the number of containers you use (take a look at our loading tips).
- When you’re finished loading, just call the local service center to schedule pick-up.
- We’ll pick it up and deliver it to your new location (transit times average just 2-5 business days).
- Schedule a delivery appointment with the local service center on the destination end, and we’ll deliver right to your door.
- Start unloading, and when you’re finished, call the local service center to schedule pick up. You have up to three business days!
But what if you’re able to do your own packing (in fact, it’s what you prefer), but you need help loading?
You can still save with U-Pack!
We’ll refer you to a nationwide network of experienced movers that can load it all or just the heavy stuff. And it’s a cheaper option than traditional full-pack and load movers.
How Much Does a U-Pack Self-Move Cost?
The factors that go into the price of your move include where you’re moving to and from, how much you’re moving, and when you’re moving. With this basic information, you’ll be able to see the price online, instantly. Get a quote online, or call us at 800-413-4799.
If your goal is to save money moving, and you don’t want to drive a rental truck, self-pack moving is the way to go! If you have questions about how to make it work for you, or if you need a moving quote, let us know!