Where Can I Find the Best Moving Discounts
How to get moving deals
If you’re trying to reduce the cost of your move, there are many options available. You can choose a lower-priced moving service, try to do it all yourself, or ask for special deals to be applied. While discounts are typically great ways to save, you may find taking $25 or $50 off of an already overpriced move doesn’t make much of an impact. Starting with a discount moving service, and then making adjustments to fit your needs, is often a better way to go.
Discount moving companies
To get the best value out of a move, you should choose only the services you really need. You may find that you don’t need help with every aspect, especially when you consider the price. While full-service companies are convenient, the cost of paying someone to pack, load, transport and unload your items can really add up. Instead, it’s often a much better deal to do some of the work yourself. U-Pack® is a “you pack, we drive” moving service that gives you the best of both worlds — affordable prices and exceptional service.
Here’s how it works:
- We bring a moving trailer or moving container(s) to you
- You load your belongings inside
- We pick them up and transport them to your new home
- You unload
We’re able to provide discount moving prices and convenient service with our:
- Efficient transportation system. Your belongings move through a linehaul system, where they travel from service center to service center along their route, picking up commercial freight that’s headed in the same direction. This freight is loaded behind your belongings (separated by a divider called a bulkhead) to help offset transportation costs and keep prices low.
- “Pay for the space you use” pricing. With the moving trailer option, space is measured in linear feet (sort of like “slices” of the trailer), and you can use as little as five linear feet or up to the whole 28-foot trailer. If you go with our ReloCube, you only pay for the Cubes you use. If you have three delivered, but end up only needing two, you only pay for two.
- All-inclusive quotes. Unlike truck rental, our rates include everything — the moving equipment, transportation from door to door, taxes, fuel and liability coverage. Since you know your price up front with U-Pack, there are no surprises later.
Get a free moving quote and see how much you can save with U-Pack.
What if I also need discount movers?
If you need help with loading and unloading, we can refer you to a network of experienced loading and unloading help. You can hire a two-person crew for a couple hours (perfect for if you just need help with the bigger items), or a bigger crew all day. Either way, it’s more affordable to use discount movers so you can control your costs. A U-Pack quote will include rates for help, or you can call to discuss the options with a moving consultant.
Want to compare U-Pack rates to moving truck discounts?
When you look at them individually, it can be tough to see how different moving services compare. Take a look at these blog posts to see how moving discounts from other companies compare to U-Pack prices:
U-Pack moving discounts
If you’re still looking for a discount to use, there are several moving deals available with U-Pack. We offer student moving discounts, military discounts, a $25 discount for reserving online and more! If you’re looking for the lowest rate possible, give us a call at 800-413-4799 and we’ll take a look at your quote to ensure you’re getting the best price.
Have questions about moving discounts or moving long distance with U-Pack? Leave us a comment below.
U-Haul® is a registered trademark of U-Haul International, Inc.
Budget® is a registered trademark of Budget Truck Rental, LLC.
Penske® is a registered trademark of Penske Truck Leasing Co, L.P.
PODS® is a registered trademark of PODS Enterprises, Inc.