Can you save money on a U-Haul move?
It’s true you can get excellent prices on U-Haul® rental trucks when you’re moving locally. But is it possible to get the same discount on a long-distance move? Not exactly. You’ll find that U-Haul rates for out-of-state moves are significantly higher than local rates, especially when you consider the cost of fuel. Let’s check out current U-Haul discounts and ways you can save even more with an alternative DIY solution like U-Pack®.
Suggested reading: 7 things you should know about U-Haul before renting a truck.
The best way to find coupons for U-Haul
While you might find some on third-party websites, the best source for U-Haul coupons is their website.
Here’s what we found:
- Unspecified discounts on one-way rentals from the Midwest to the West Coast
- Storage discounts for participating locations
- $5 unlimited lifetime hitch warranty with installation at a U-Haul location
- Free towing inspection at any U-Haul location
- Free shipping on moving supply orders over $99 to the contiguous U.S. and Canada
- Business rates for pickup trucks and cargo vans
Please note that these deals were accurate at time of posting in April 2023 and are subject to change at any time.
Read more about cheap truck rental.
What about military or student moves?
A lot of moving companies (including U-Pack) offer coupons or reduced rates for military members and their families or for students moving to college. U-Haul didn’t have official military or student moving discounts listed on their website.
How do U-Haul coupons compare to U-Pack?
U-Pack offers stackable moving coupons you can use year-round. Here are our most popular savings:
- $25 off with promo code BLOG25
- Automatically receive $25 off when you book your move online
- Ask about discounts for military members (active duty and retired) and students
And the best part? U-Haul rentals — even if you manage to score a discount — require extra costs like fuel and damage coverage. But U-Pack rates include everything you need including the moving equipment, transportation, fuel and liability coverage — all in one easy quote. We’re a DIY-moving solution where you handle packing, loading and unloading, and we take care of transporting your things.
If you have questions about U-Haul coupons or want to learn more about how U-Pack can help with a budget-friendly long-distance move, let us know in the comments. We’re here to help!
U-Haul® is a registered trademark of U-Haul International, Inc. Use of third-party trademarks or registered trademarks does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by such third-party.
More articles you might like...