U-Pack is the quick, convenient
way to move long distance.

U-Pack Long Distance Moving

Get an instant price quote!

It's fast & easy - no obligations

Moving from Canada

Moving from Canada to the U.S. with U-Pack

U-Pack is the ideal solution for moving from Canada to the United States. You pack and load, and a professional driver will deliver your trailer or moving container from your home in Canada to your new home in the U.S. Contact a U-Pack Moving Consultant at 877-453-7274 or go online to get a free moving quote.

The instructions below will guide you through the documentation you need to move your household goods across the border and highlight other important information on moving with U-Pack from Canada to the U.S.

Instructions for moving household goods to the U.S. from Canada

U-Pack will move your items across the border into the U.S. and clear your items on your behalf with U.S. customs officials, provided you submit the proper documentation.

Documentation requirements

Give the following documentation to the driver at your origin. Or, if you’re loading at the local service center, give the documents to a representative on-site:

  • A clear, black-and-white copy of the page of your passport that includes your photo
  • A copy of your visa. This confirms that you’ve been approved to move yourself and your household goods into the U.S. A visa isn’t required for U.S. citizens.
    • If you won’t get your visa before arriving in the U.S., notify the U-Pack Customer Care team by email at moving@upack.com.
  • A copy of your completed U.S. Customs Form 3299 – Declaration for Free Entry of Unaccompanied Articles

As soon as you receive your U.S. Customs and Border Protection I-94, send a copy of the form or passport stamp to the Canadian service center or moving@upack.com (not required for U.S. citizens).

Clearing your items after they arrive in the U.S.

U-Pack will file Form 3299 on your behalf, clearing your items with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Your belongings will travel to the destination service center after being cleared at the border.

  • You can track your shipment online, or call the destination service center for a status update during transit – the phone number is listed in your Move Plan.

To find out if your shipment has arrived at the service center and to schedule delivery, contact the destination service center.

Important Information on U-Pack Moves to Canada

Review these important details before moving day to ensure your move from Canada to the U.S. is successful.

  • The name on your Bill of Lading and U-Pack Move Plan must match the name on your required documentation.
  • When completing Form 3299, keep your itemized list organized to minimize the chance of your shipment being held up at the border.
  • A customs administration fee is applied to moves from Canada. The current fee is $24.40 USD.
  • Do not ship the following:
    • Anything not considered personal household goods (e.g. commercial goods)
    • Anything poisonous, illegal, corrosive, perishable, or flammable (see the Do Not Ship List for a complete list of items U-Pack prohibits)
    • Anything with a VIN number (boats, trucks, cars, ATVs, jets skis, motorcycles, etc.)
  • To schedule pick up at your origin, call your origin service center (check your Move Plan for the phone number).
  • To schedule delivery, call your destination service center (check your Move Plan for the phone number).
  • Call 877-453-7274 for specific questions about moving from Canada with U-Pack. You should also call to notify U-Pack if you won’t receive your visa before arriving in the U.S. or to make changes to your reservation.

For specific U.S. customs questions, call 1-877-227-5511 within the U.S. or 202-325-8000 outside the U.S. You can also email the CBP.