Getting from Nebraska to Your New Home
Whether you’re moving to another nearby Midwestern state or across the country, U-Pack® is a great option for moves from Nebraska. It’s an affordable DIY moving alternative that fits between truck rental and full-service movers. It’s self-moving, so you do the packing and loading. But we handle the driving, delivering your belongings right to your door.
We offer nationwide coverage in all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico, so no matter where you’re moving, U-Pack can help. Get a free moving quote online or by calling 877-453-7274 to compare rates.
Interesting Information About Nebraska
- Edwin Perkins created Kool-Aid in Hastings, Nebraska, so Kool-Aid is the state’s official soft drink.
- Corn is the largest cash crop in Nebraska, which is why it's called the "cornhusker" state.
- The Lied Jungle in Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo is the world's largest indoor rainforest. It covers 1.5 acres and includes an 8-story building full of plants and animals from worldwide rainforests.
- Omaha has been the home of the College World Series since 1950. Each year, it draws an average of more than 20,000 spectators per game.
- Carhenge, a replica of Stonehenge created out of cars, is located in Alliance, Nebraska.
- The University of Nebraska’s Memorial Stadium in Lincoln becomes the third-most populated place in the state on football game days. It holds more than 90,000 fans, earning it the nickname “The Sea of Red.”
- There are more cows in Nebraska than there are people. In fact, according to Farm Centric, in 2019 there were 6.1 million cows and 1.8 million people — a ratio of 3.29 cows per person.