Moving to Lincoln, NE?
As the capital city of Nebraska, Lincoln has much to offer its 258,379 residents. Lincoln has been recognized as a great place to move to! Forbes rated Lincoln the 5th best place for business and careers, and in 2008, the CDC named it one of the healthiest cities in the U.S. Let’s look at some of the things that will make Lincoln, Nebraska a great place to call home!
- Weather. Lincoln enjoys a pretty temperate climate. After moving to Lincoln, you will experience cold winters and hot summers, but nothing too extreme. Winter averages are in the low 30s, and summer temps average in the low 80s. While there are a few days of extreme temperatures, they are rare.
- Recreation. If you enjoy spending time outside, Lincoln will be your dream destination! There are over 100 parks sprinkled around town, offering every sort of activity you can imagine!
- Family fun! Lincoln has many activities that are great for the whole family. The Lincoln Children’s Zoo, the Children’s Museum, and the Sunken Gardens would make exciting places for your family to visit together.
- Education. If you are moving to Lincoln with children, they will find their educational home in the Lincoln Public School System. With six high schools, including specialized schools for technology, art, and more, as well as many public, private, and parochial middle and elementary schools, the educational opportunities abound in Lincoln! For higher education, you can attend classes at a number of local colleges and universities, with the most notable being the University of Nebraska – Lincoln. As the flagship campus for the University of Nebraska system, you will find that everyone here (not just students) are Cornhuskers at heart!
- Arts and culture. Lincoln has many ways to get your fill of arts and culture. For live performances, you can catch shows, concerts, and other presentations at the Pershing Auditorium, Lied Center, Bourbon Theatre, and many other venues around town. There are also many cultural events such as Lincoln Calling – Music Festival or Jazz in June.
- Interesting Lincoln Locales. There are many interesting places to visit around “Star City” such as the Frank H. Woods Telephone Museum, the Maxwell Arboretum (a beautiful botanical garden), the National Museum of Roller Skating, or the International Quilt Study Center and Museum at the University of Nebraska (where you can view over 3200 quilts from 24 countries on display).
Moving to Lincoln, NE – the affordable way. How can you avoid a stressful, expensive moving experience? Choose U-Pack. What is U-Pack? Well, U-Pack is a moving service that offers self-moves at affordable rates. A move looks like this:
- U-Pack delivers an empty moving trailer or moving container to your home.
- You pack and load it (or use our help loading or unloading if you want some assistance).
- We drive your belongings to your door in Lincoln. That’s right, with U-Pack, you never have to drive. We do that for you!
- You unload.
- Easy as that! Along with this simple moving, U-Pack offers great customer service, flexible options, nationwide coverage area and affordable rates.
5300 Superior Street
Lincoln, NE 68504
If we are not able to provide door-to-door delivery to your city near Lincoln, NE, you can save money by loading or unloading at the service center conveniently located in Lincoln, NE. If you have questions about serviceability to your location, please call us at 800-240-7422, and a U-Pack Moving Consultant will gladly help.
|Upcoming Holidays Observed:
|Service may be curtailed. Contact local service center for details.