No Need for Loading Ramp Rental — They’re included!
Because the floor of the U-Pack trailer sits 48” off the ground, having a ramp on hand makes it much easier to load and unload. There’s no need to rent a moving ramp because one will arrive in the empty trailer on moving day. With the included ramp, moving heavier items like furniture and appliances is much more convenient. Check out our loading tips for more info on getting your belongings inside the trailer.
Ramps are built specifically for these moving trailers. They are 14 feet long and 2 feet wide. They weigh 145 lbs., so it may be a good idea to have help when setting it up and removing it. It has a weight limit of 1,000 lbs. Due to availability, we can only provide one ramp per customer, including moves with multiple trailers.
U-Pack has two ramp models — one with a yellow bar and one with a black handle, both of which are used to lock/unlock the legs. The trailer you receive could come with either ramp type, but they work essentially the same way. Ramps should only be used on a flat, firm surface.
One important note: The ramp must NEVER be packed behind the bulkhead with your personal belongings. It should be final thing loaded onto the trailer.
Before using the ramp, it’s important to know the different parts so you can set it up, use it and remove it safely. Check out the graphic below to familiarize yourself with our ramps.
- Pull the ramp to the edge of the trailer with the legs pointed out
- Make sure the legs rest against the stop blocks on the side of the ramp
- Slide the ramp toward you until the apron rests flat on the floor
- Make sure the bottom of the rail is touching the rear of the trailer, and the entire apron is inside the trailer flat on the floor
- Place the legs firmly on the ground
- Unfold the ramp, resting it on the ground
- Fold the bottom portion of the ramp until it rests on the top half of the ramp. Raise the yellow bar to unlock the leg assembly.
- Complete the assembly instructions in reverse: Lift the ramp and slide it in the trailer, then fold the leg assembly.
Note: If you end up using the entire trailer and have no room for the ramp, give us a call at 877-453-7274. We can make arrangements to pick it up separately.
See the process in action in this video: