The Monroe, LA terminal is closed. The El Dorado, AR and Alexandria, LA terminals now deliver to the areas previously serviced by the Monroe terminal.
Highlights on moving to Monroe, LA – One City One Future
If you love the feel of small town life with all the attractions and amenities close by then you’re going to love Monroe, LA! Monroe is located in the north eastern region of Louisiana and is considered a twin city to West Monroe located just across the Ouachita River. If moving to Monroe is in your plans, you may be interested to know that it has a population of about 49,000 and is full of attractions, shopping, dining, and nightlife so get ready to have some fun! After your move to Monroe you will definitely have to check out these popular attractions: Layton Castle, Kokomo Cruise, Louisiana Purchase Gardens & Zoo, Masur Museum of Art, Twin City Dragway, and Landry Vineyards.
Moving to Monroe – What to expect
- The climate in Monroe. Monroe is known for cool winters and warm humid summers. July and August are the city’s warmest months with average high temperature of 94 degrees. December and January are the city’s coolest month with average lows in the upper 30’s. The average yearly rainfall in Monroe is around 55 inches that is dispersed pretty evenly throughout the year.
- Getting around in Monroe. Monroe is proud to offer safe and convenient public transportation to area residents. They have several different routes Monday-Saturday to get you around town. They also offer curb-to-curb para-transit service for those in need. Monroe is also fortunate to have its own regional airport. The airport is served by American Airlines, Continental Airlines, and Delta Airlines.
- Getting an education in Monroe. Colleges in the vicinity of Monroe include: Louisiana Monroe University and Louisiana Delta Community College. Both schools offer a variety of degree options to meet your needs. Monroe City School System serves the city’s public school needs for grades K-12.
- Eating in Monroe. Monroe is known for their wide variety of dining options. If you’re in the mood for Cajun, Italian, Japanese, or Southern BBQ you’ll be pleased to know that Monroe has excellent choices for all of these and more! Bayou Bistro is a local favorite and serves New Orleans style Cajun fare as well as Creole cheesecake! If you’re in the mood for Italian and Cajun you have to try Cascio’s Italian & Cajun Eatery. They’re homemade cheesesticks are the best! Geno’s Italian Restaurant is the city’s oldest Italian restaurant and also a favorite among the locals. Their “Mama’s Original Salad Dressing” is even packed and shipped nationwide! If you’re in the mood for some entertainment with your dinner you’ll have to visit Coda Bar & Grill. They have live entertainment several nights a week as well as a martini bar on the second level.
- Moving to Monroe. Why don’t you make your move simple and affordable? Check out U-Pack. U-Pack is a moving option that is different from truck rental or full service movers.
U-Pack works like this:
- We bring a moving trailer or moving container to your door
- You pack and load it
- We deliver it to your door in Monroe
- You unload
U-Pack El Dorado
167 Bailey Road
El Dorado AR, 71730