Home / Categories / Military Moving / Moving to Fort Carson

Moving to Fort Carson

By Josh J
February 24th, 2013 - 12:46 PM

PCSing to Fort Carson?
If you’ve just been given Permanent Change of Station Orders for moving to Fort Carson, the next step is figuring out how to get your belongings there. I suggest doing a PPM (Personally Procured Move) with U-Pack.

Eligible service members with PCS orders will be offered a monetary allowance from the government if they decide to do a PPM move. Basically, if your move to Fort Carson ends up costing less than your allowance from the government, you get to keep what’s left over. This makes doing a PPM totally worth it. Sound good? Keep reading…

Moving to Fort Carson with U-Pack
You’ll be glad to know there are affordable moving solutions available for a PPM, and U-Pack® is one of them. With a U-Pack PPM, all you’ll have to do is the loading and unloading, just like you would with truck rental. But instead of doing the driving yourself, U-Pack does that for you!

The best part is that U-Pack rates are comparable to truck rental. Get a free moving quote from U-Pack and see for yourself. Leave the actual moving to Fort Carson part of your PPM to U-Pack and get to Fort Carson in your own vehicle – which gets you there faster, takes less fuel, and is less likely to break down than a rental truck.

Fuel, standard liability coverage and the driver are included in your U-Pack quote. And there’s no additional charge for sales tax.

PCS Moving – How it works
Before you begin your move to Fort Carson, you’ll need to do the following:

  • Contact your local TMO office to set up your move (and verify whether you qualify for the allowance).
  • Get a free quote from U-Pack. Be sure to let U-Pack know that it’s a PPM/DITY move so you can get the military discount.
  • Also, you will need a certified weight tickets in order to get reimbursed for your move. U-Pack will be able to provide those for you (for a fee), but be sure to let the U-Pack moving coordinator know you need them when you call.
  • Make your reservation for your move once your PPM is approved (which includes scheduling your moved date). You can call 800-413-4799 to reserve your move now.

When moving day comes, this is how a U-Pack PPM will work:

  • U-Pack delivers a trailer or ReloCube®moving container to your location.
  • You load within three business days.
  • U-Pack picks up the Cube or trailer and gets a certified full weight ticket.
  • U-Pack drives your belongings for you to Fort Carson (or off the base in the Colorado Springs area) and gives you a copy of the weight tickets.
  • You unload within three business days.
  • U-Pack picks up the empty equipment when you’re done.

After your move is complete, you will need to submit a claim for reimbursement for your PPM to the Fort Carson Personal Property Office.

Military Moving – Choose U-Pack
Easy, convenient, and affordable military moving is the reason why so many military families choose U-Pack over other PPM moving options. Get a free moving quote and see how you can save money (and not have to drive) with U-Pack.

If you have any questions about moving to Fort Carson with U-Pack, leave a comment, or call 800-413-4799 and a U-Pack military moving specialist will be happy to help, too!

For more information about PPM move requirements, check with the Fort Carson TMO.

Helpful PCS Moving Links
Military Moving Discounts
U-Pack’s Moving Checklist
Tips for a successful PCS move
Packing and Loading Tips