Moving during the COVID-19 epidemic: U-Pack update
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts the world, our thoughts are with all those affected. At U-Pack, we want to assure you that the health, welfare and safety of our team members and customers is our top priority.
It’s likely you’re experiencing some uncertainty right now, so we want to let you know what we’re doing to support you and your moving plans. We’re committed to doing everything we can to help ensure your safety, our employees’ safety, and provide you maximum flexibility.
Here are some of the questions customers have asked concerning their U-Pack move:
Are Moving Services Still Available?
Yes. Our trucks are still moving on schedule. We’ll let you know should anything change.
What if I need to reschedule my move?
Should you find yourself in a situation where you need to reschedule your move, please give us a call at 800-240-7422, and we’ll be happy to help, with no change fee. And if you need to re-schedule your re-scheduled move, that’s not a problem either. Our moving consultants are standing by, ready to help.
What if I need to cancel my move?
Given these unique circumstances, we’re changing our cancellation policy to give you extra peace-of-mind. Any reservation you make that is booked between now and April 30, 2020, for any future move date, can be cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled move date. Please call us at 800-240-7422 for assistance.
What if I’ve already loaded my moving trailer or ReloCube and something happens that results in needing to reschedule my move?
Again, we understand things are happening that you have no control over. If this situation arises, and you do not want to unload your belongings, we can store the trailer or ReloCube(s) at our location as long as needed.
Our Commitment to Safety
We’re taking precautions, developed in consultation with global and local public heath authorities (including the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) such as, increased cleaning measures. We also have business continuity and contingency plans in place to keep our employees safe and reduce the risk of service interruptions.
Some other things we’re doing include:
- Limiting entry at all our locations to only necessary personnel and screening all visitors.
- Screening all customers with residential deliveries.
- Modifying procedures and software so that drivers can deliver shipments without requiring customers to touch their handheld device.
- Providing all drivers with cleaning instructions for their handheld devices.
There also are some things you should do to protect yourself and others during this time:
- When our local service center calls to schedule your drop-off or delivery appointment, please let us know right away if you or anyone in your home is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are isolating due to exposure. In most cases, we will still be able to complete the move but will put enhanced safety measures in place.
- If you are in a high-risk group, as defined by the CDC, consider rescheduling your move — simply let us know at least 24 hours before your scheduled move date — there will be no penalties.
It’s our goal to make moving easy — even in these challenging times. Whether you’re moving now, or in the future, the U-Pack team is standing by, ready to help.