U-Pack is the quick, convenient
way to move long distance.

U-Pack Long Distance Moving

Get an instant price quote!

It's fast & easy - no obligations

Puerto Rico Electronic Export Information (EEI) Form

Should I file an Electronic Export Information (EEI) Form?

The Electronic Export Information (EEI) form is formerly known as the Shipper’s Export Declaration (SED). The form serves two purposes: to collect data and to enforce U.S. export laws. According to the U.S. Census Bureau Foreign Trade, an EEI must be filled out for shipments between the U.S. and Puerto Rico when the value of the commodity classified under each individual Schedule B number is over $2,500.

To complete the EEI, the customer must supply an EIN (Employer Identification Number). U-Pack customers can learn how to apply for an EIN, then apply for an EIN. Customers must also supply the Schedule B Export Code of the item(s) they are moving. U-Pack customers can search for the Schedule B Export Code.

The EEI form will be filed in the Automated Export System (AES) by U-Pack on behalf of the customer. To remain in compliance with federal law, U-Pack requires a pre-faxed authorization to file the EEI on your behalf. The authorization must be completed and returned at least one week prior to your trailer or ReloCube drop-off date. The authorization will be imaged and then U-Pack will file the EEI with the U.S. Census Bureau prior to your shipment departing. This process will help ensure your shipment is not detained.

Download the Electronic Export Information form here.