Moving from Phoenix, AZ to Milwaukee, WI
Moving from Phoenix, AZ to Milwaukee, WI
Phoenix is cool and all, with its Sonoran Desert location and a 1.4 million-person population, but Milwaukee is really “where it’s at.” As the largest city in Wisconsin, Milwaukee has a population close to 595,000, and a shared Milwaukee-Racine-Waukesha Metropolitan Area population of over two million! Pier Wisconsin, Milwaukee Art Museum, Miller Park, Delta Center, and the Milwaukee Riverwalk are just a few new additions to the city known for its brewing traditions. In addition, lakefront neighborhoods have gained skyscrapers, condos, and loft apartments to accommodate this ever-growing cultural and economic center. The land of Packers and cheese awaits your arrival!
Getting from Phoenix to Milwaukee
- The out-and-out journey you will soon embark on will take no less than 27 hours of driving time across a 1,829-mile stretch of tarmac, so sit back and let the good times roll.
- You know that you’ll likely be spending the night somewhere along the way, so allow us to recommend stopping in Albuquerque, Oklahoma City, St. Louis, or Chicago for some fun!
- Check out Sandia Peak Tramway or Petroglyph National Monument in Albuquerque, or visit Rio Grande Zoo! See Oklahoma City’s awe-inspiring National Memorial, or go Lake Hefner!
- Ascend St. Louis’ Gateway Arch, revel within City Museum, or visit Tower Grove Park! In Chicago, experience Navy Pier, Millennium Park, Wrigley Field, Willis Tower, or Hull House!
Weather in Milwaukee
- You made it! Where are your Baghdad summers and sunny winters, you ask? This is Wisconsin, where humidity rules as much as snow dominates the winter. Take it all in.
- Say goodbye to sweltering heat and the almighty monsoon and hello to Milwaukee’s 80-degree averages for summer in July! This is as good as it gets, just add the lake breeze.
- January averages can get as low as 15 F, and winters in Milwaukee accumulate nearly 50 inches of snow per year! And you thought the desert got cold at night…
Finding your way in Milwaukee
- It’s super easy getting around Milwaukee thanks to consistently marked block numbers, north-south running numbered streets & east-west running named streets, in suburbs too!
- 85% of Milwaukee County is covered by Milwaukee County Transit System, which offers very frequent service, core routes, “Freeway Flyers”, “UBuses”, & fares starting at $2.25!
- Rapidly changing weather permitting, Milwaukee is quite the pleasant place to break out the old bicycle. Oak Leaf Trail is great for family rides, plus there are tons of bike lanes!
- Milwaukee Public Schools is Wisconsin’s largest district, serving nearly 90,000 students in 323 schools. That’s 41 K-8 schools, 73 elementary, 14 middle, and 36 high schools!
- Milwaukee ranks sixth among U.S. and Canadian cities in number of college students per 100 residents, with one of the highest per capita student populations on the continent!
- There are several higher education institutions available to aspiring students in Milwaukee, including Alverno College, Marquette University, Wisconsin Lutheran College, and more!
Food and fun in Milwaukee
- For trademark Wisconsin charm and cheese curds galore, try Milwaukee Brat House & pub! The Capital Grille steakhouse is your red meat “splurge”—try the parmesan truffle fries!
- Lisa’s Pizzeria is a local favorite—try her thin crust or knockout spaghetti and meatballs! At La Merenda, you are treated to “top-notch” Mexican cuisine—enjoy the tres leches cake!
- For the frugal shopper within, find everything from clothing to fine Wisconsin-made foods at Grand Avenue Mall, George Watt’s, Sendik’s, Usinger’s, Fischberger Variety, and Shag!
- Upon settling into Milwaukee, check out Pabst Mansion, Milwaukee Art Museum, Oriental Theatre, Sprecher Brewery, Summerfest, Bucketworks, Bradford Beach, and Bay View!
We’re as excited as you are to start moving from Phoenix to Milwaukee, “Brew City”!
If you’re searching for a moving company to get you there, let U-Pack help! With nationwide coverage, we can move you fast. Get a moving quote to compare!