Moving from Omaha, Nebraska to Phoenix, Arizona
Moving from Omaha to Phoenix will be a great adventure and one that will prove to be exciting in many areas. Phoenix, being located in the desert and the gateway to the Grand Canyon, has a climate like no other! Many people move to the area just to enjoy the warm subtropical desert surroundings. Another of the many great things about Phoenix is the financial opportunities that are available, since it’s the capital of the state of Arizona and Arizona State University is located within the city. Additionally, several Fortune 500 companies are home-based in Phoenix such as Avnet, Freeport-McMoRan, Petsmart and Republic Services! Phoenix has so much to offer! You’ll be glad you’ve decided to move to this sunny place!
Let U-Pack help get you there! Our nationwide coverage area includes locations near both Omaha and Phoenix. Get a free moving quote to learn more about our self-moving service.
What to expect when moving from Omaha to Phoenix
- Your trip when moving from Omaha to Phoenix will be a journey of about 1,330 miles which will be quite a distance when traveling by car, but of course, flying is another great option!
- If you choose to drive, there are several places along the way which would be nice places for you and your family to rest or do site seeing, such as Salina, KS; Albuquerque, NM; and Flagstaff, AZ!
- While in Salina, stop by the Central Kansas Flywheels Yesteryear Museum, when in Albuquerque check into riding in a hot air balloon! Also, Flagstaff is home to the Museum of Northern Arizona!
Weather in Phoenix
- There’s going to be a change in the weather when moving from Omaha to Phoenix, you can be sure! But, it will be a great change and one you will enjoy every day throughout the year!
- Changing from a humid continental climate to a subtropical desert climate will bring about very hot summers and warmish winters! The highest ever recorded temperature stands at 122 F in 1990!
- Summers can be super hot with temperatures reaching into the low 100s on the Sonoran Desert, but at least it cools off during the nighttime into the 80s!
- Precipitation amounts for the year in Phoenix average 8 inches total! That’s quite a change from Omaha’s 30.62 inches! Snow is almost never seen since the winter lows average in the 40s and 50s.
Learning Your Way Around Phoenix
- When moving from Omaha to Phoenix, you may find that the two cities are similar in their transportation services plus both are served by several interstates and U.S. highways.
- Phoenix public transportation is provided by Valley Metro, which provides local, LINK, Express and RAPID commuter bus service, METRO light rail, online car pool, vanpool, rural route, and more!
- For your air traveling needs, the City of Phoenix provides the Phoenix Airport System which includes the Sky Harbor International Airport, Deer Valley and Goodyear airports.
- Bicycling is another option for navigating in Phoenix. Phoenix was ranked 15th most bicycle friendly cities among 50 large cities by Bicycling Magazine.
Educational Opportunities in Phoenix
- Since Phoenix is a much larger than Omaha, their schools are more numerous with over 30 school districts serving the area!
- Phoenix’s public school districts are made up of 325 elementary schools, 51 middle schools, and 66 high schools, plus over 200 charter and private schools.
- Arizona State University is the largest university in the United States with enrollment of over 58,000 undergraduates and near 14,000 graduate students on four campuses located in the Phoenix area.
- Phoenix is also home to several other colleges including University of Phoenix, Grand Canyon University, Apollo College-Phoenix Inc., Paradise Valley Community College and many more!
What’s there to do in Phoenix?
- Much like Omaha, Phoenix is a never ending place for entertainment, museums, sports, performing arts, outdoor life, fine arts and great places to eat!
- Some places that you will want on your list to visit after unpacking include: the Phoenix Zoo, Rawhide Western Town and Steakhouse, Camelback Mountain, the Apache Trail, and Papago Park!
- For sports fans, you’ll love following the Phoenix Suns of the NBA, the Arizona Cardinals of the NFL, the Phoenix Coyotes of the NHL and the Arizona Diamondbacks of the National League MLB!
- Restaurant hunting for Mexican Food, try Barrio Café; for delicious French cuisine, Coup Des Tartes; Eden’s Grill serves Greek and Mediterranean and Cibo Pizzaria Cafe is the spot for Pizza and Italian!
What’s not to love about moving from Omaha to Phoenix, the “Valley of the Sun”?
The service center for Omaha, Nebraska is located in
The service center for Phoenix, Arizona is located in
Information about Omaha, NE
Information about Phoenix, AZ