Moving from Los Angeles, CA to Austin, TX
Are you moving from Los Angeles, CA to Austin, TX?
Austin, TX is a great city located in central Texas, and is quite a unique place to call home. The city is nicknamed the “live music capitol of the world,” and is also a very forward and accepting city. You will definitely not regret making the move from Los Angeles, CA to Austin, TX!
What will you find after moving from Los Angeles to Austin?
The following information will give you everything you need to know to see why making the move from Los Angeles, CA to Austin, TX will be the best decision you will ever make!
- Climate – Austin has a climate similar to the rest of central Texas, with hot summers, and mild sunny winters. Summer highs tend to be in the mid-90s, and the winter lows in the 40s. The area receives about 35 inches of rainfall throughout the year, and snowfall is rare.
- Education – Austin places a premium on its education system, and also gives its residents a variety of schools to choose from. The city is served by 29 different school districts, and numerous charter and private schools. Along with several themed high schools giving students a wide choice in deciding what career they want to pursue earlier in life. Austin is also home to the University of Texas at Austin, which has 38,000 undergrad students, and 12,000 grad students. The university was ranked at 45th in the nation and 13th only including public universities.
- Entertainment – The city’s new motto of “Keep Austin Weird” can be seen on license plates, t-shirts, and signs all over the state of Texas, and this started a few years ago for a particular reason. Afraid that the city was becoming ‘over-commercialized’ citizens began to promote small local businesses, helping the city keep many things that help it stay ‘weird’ and fun! There are hundreds of little businesses located throughout the city that range from formal dinning, to a pub with different headlining bands each night. You will never get tired of the great atmosphere, and completely independent feel of this one of a kind city.
- Economy – The Austin economy is dependent mainly on the high-tech, and tourism industries. Since the 1990s, the Austin area has also gained the nickname “the silicon hills” due to the presence of large high-tech companies located in the area. As a result, several highly educated and professional people live in the city. Due to the nature of the city, several people make their way through the city on a daily basis, encouraging the tourism business, as well as the local retail and service businesses located in the city.
- Work – The top employers in Austin include: the Austin Independent School District, Dell, Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, and Nvidia. Being the state capital, there is also a large amount of government jobs in the city. The average commuter in Austin has a commute time of anything between 20 and 25 minutes.
Welcome to Incredible Austin, TX!
You will gain an incredibly great new way of live by moving from Los Angeles, CA to Austin, TX. Austin, while still a large city, is much smaller than Los Angeles giving you more of a sense of community, while still offering everything the big city can offer. You will absolutely love your new home in moving from Los Angeles to Austin, TX! Find out how U-Pack can help with your move. With nationwide coverage, we can help you get from California to Texas affordably. Get a free moving quote online to learn more.