Moving from Hartford, CT to Chicago, IL
A guide for moving from Hartford to Chicago
It’s important to get familiar with your new city when making a move from Hartford to Chicago. From its towering buildings, beautiful landscapes, and natural surroundings, Chicago offers each of its more than 2 million residents a fabulous lifestyle. As a resident here, you can have front-row exposure to this global city’s stable economy along with its notability in modern culture. This city is literally overflowing with entertainment options certain to please everyone.
Learn to love the city like a true local when moving from Hartford to Chicago
Make your move from Hartford to Chicago and immerse yourself in your new city so you can live like a true local:
- Winter time in Chicago can be quite cold, but use this time to see Chicago in a whole new way via ice skating rinks. Grab your skates and visit the Rink at Wrigley, Ice Rink at Navy Pier, McCormick Tribune Ice Rink and skate your way through Chicago.
- Moving from Hartford to Chicago means you get to enjoy a remarkable sports scene! Named “Best Sports City” by Sporting News means your new home can provide you with excellent seats to the Chicago Fire, Chicago Bears, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Cubs, or the Chicago White Sox. Get your tickets and get ready for game day celebrations.
- No move from Hartford to Chicago would be complete without a trek around Millennium Park. This 25-acre park is home to stunning art pieces, concert pavilions, cascading fountains, luxurious gardens, and more. This is the place where locals live life with summer concerts, annual events, and days relaxing in the sun.
- Attractions are endless in the “Windy City,” which means the entire family will always have something fun to do! Check out Navy Pier, the Amazing Chicago’s Funhouse Maze, Brookfield Zoo, Chicago Botanic Garden, the Art Institute of Chicago, and the Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum.
- Foodies are going to love a move from Hartford to Chicago because this city is brimming over with exquisite dining options. You’ll find the perfect restaurant for all tastes here from casual to gourmet and more. When you’re in the mood for a great brunch experience visit NoMi Kitchen, Lula Café, or Table Fifty-Two. When you’re craving a taste of the world you must experience Athena, Tuscany on Taylor, Minghin, Star of Siam, or the Rosebud. The good news is that this just scratches the surface because Chicago knows how to do dining right!
So many reasons to make a move from Hartford to Chicago
Chicago is a global city which serves as an international hub for business. Once you move from Hartford to Chicago, expect to find a number of ways and places to help advance your career. Major companies housed in the city include Boeing, Kraft Foods, Sears Holdings Corporation, Abbot Laboratories, General Electric, and the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. It’s true, this move will open doors for your personal and business life!
Looking for a moving company to help you get across the country? U-Pack is a great option! We're a self-moving service, where you pack and load, but we do the driving. It's easy and affordable. We've moved over 1 million customers nationwide, so we can handle your move, too. Get a free moving quote to check rates.