Moving from Charlotte, NC to Orlando, FL
Moving from Charlotte to Orlando
If you’re moving from Charlotte to Orlando, you’ll be experiencing many new and exciting changes! Orlando proper is a quite a lot smaller than Charlotte with a population of 238,300 compared to Charlotte’s population of 751,087. However, the Greater Orlando metropolitan area is much larger with a population of over 2.1 million! So, it shouldn’t take you long to get used to Orlando’s size. If you love to have fun, you’ll love living in Orlando! The city has beautiful scenery, very friendly people, and so many fun things to do and places to go!
Traveling from Charlotte, North Carolina to Orlando, Florida:
- If you plan to drive when moving from Charlotte to Orlando, you’ll be traveling about 525 miles which should take you approximately eight hours and 40 minutes to drive.
- Although your drive won’t be extremely long, you’ll be passing by Columbia, SC and Jacksonville, FL where you could stop for a visit and to take a rest from driving!
- Be sure to visit the South Carolina State Museum in Columbia and the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens in Jacksonville if you do stop!
The Weather in Orlando
- When moving from Charlotte to Orlando, you’ll notice that there’s not too much difference between the cities’ climates; however, Orlando is slightly warmer year-round.
- Orlando’s winters are mild and dry, and summers are very hot and wet. Average lows in the winter in the low 50s while average highs in the summer are usually in the low 90s.
- Orlando also receives an abundance of precipitation of about 50.6 inches annually with the most occurring in the summer months.
- When moving from Charlotte to Orlando, you should have an easy time learning how to get around Orlando, whether you drive or take public transportation.
- Public transportation in Orlando isn’t as extensive as it is in Charlotte; LYNX provides the city with several buses that go throughout the city and to surrounding counties.
- Most people in Orlando choose to drive and because the city is near several major roads. However, the city does experience traffic congestion during their busiest hours.
Education in Orlando
- If you’re moving from Charlotte to Orlando with school age children, they’ll be attending a school in the Orange County Public Schools school district.
- Your children will be moving from a school district with an enrollment of over 143,000 students to one with an enrollment of over 170,000 students.
- Orlando is also home to several great private schools as well as many colleges and universities including the University of Central Florida and Valencia College.
Things to Do in Orlando
- Orlando has so many fun things to do for both children and adults alike! Whether you’d like to visit Orlando’s famous amusement parks, experience the arts or go shopping!
- Of course, when you get settled, you have to check out Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando! These places are the talk of the town!
- If you’re idea of a good time is shopping, definitely head over to The Florida Mall, the largest in Orlando; Orlando Fashion Square; and The Mall at Millenia.
- If you love the arts, be sure to see the Orlando Repertory Theatre, the Orlando Ballet, the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra and the Florida Opera Theatre!
So, hurry on down to “The City Beautiful” and have some fun! We think you’re going to love moving from Charlotte to Orlando!