You’re in store for great things
It may be tough to leave behind one of the cultural and economic centers of the south, but moving from Atlanta to Pittsburgh can be a positive transition. Pittsburgh is only 685 miles north of Atlanta and serves a substantial population of 305,704. It’ll be easy to see why Pittsburgh has been rated as the “most livable city” by Places Rated Almanac, Forbes, and The Economist. Once known for its presence in the steel industry, Pittsburgh’s economy has begun to diversify and change throughout the years.
Highlights of moving from Atlanta to Pittsburgh
After making a move from Atlanta to Pittsburgh, it’s important to familiarize yourself with local surroundings. Here’s what to expect when moving from Atlanta to Pittsburgh:
- The Economy – today, Pittsburgh’s local economy is driven by healthcare, education, technology, robotics, and financial services. You’ll find 1,600 technology and research companies like Google, Intel, RAND, and Apple. The city also houses Fortune 500 companies like PPG Industries, PNC Financial Services, U.S. Steel, CONSOL Energy, etc. Other top employers in town include BNY Mellon, GlaxoSmithKline, and Lanxess.
- The Geography – located on the Alleghany Plateau where the Alleghany River and Monogahela River meet to form the Ohio River brings natural beauty to this region. The downtown area lies between the rivers forming what is known as the Golden Triangle. The steep slopes of the city are often utilized for physical activity for residents, and after moving here, you’ll discover a variety of walking and biking trails throughout town.
- The Climate – after moving from Atlanta to Pittsburgh, you’ll find the city experiences a humid continental climate featuring four distinct seasons. Summers here see average temperatures of 82°f, and winter temperatures average lows of 20°F. Be sure to invest in a good pair of snow boots because this city sees around 40 inches of snow per year.
- Arts & Culture – Pittsburgh is a hub of cultural activity which includes the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, the Pittsburgh Opera, Pittsburgh Ballet Theater, and the Quantum Theatre. Once you’ve moved from Atlanta to Pittsburgh, you can also enjoy the Carnegie Museum of Art, the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, the Carnegie Science Center, and so much more.
- Sports – Moving from Atlanta to Pittsburgh opens your sports world even more because Pittsburgh is home to multiple professional sporting teams: the MLB’s Pittsburgh Pirates, NFL’s Pittsburgh Steelers, and the NHL’s Pittsburgh Penguins. The city also enjoys a wide array of college sports.
- Recreation – When moving from Atlanta to Pittsburgh, you’ll find your new community makes it possible to enjoy a number of activities including hiking, cycling, boating, theater, live music, and so many others. Pittsburgh is a thriving city that knows how to entertain its residents.
Moving from Atlanta to Pittsburgh just makes sense!
This is a community you can love calling home. Pittsburgh is a metro region quickly moving forward while inhabiting a beautiful countryside everyone can enjoy. Start packing and make your move from Atlanta to Pittsburgh.
Check out other fun facts about states here.
The service center for Conley, Georgia is located in
The service center for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is located in
Information about Conley, GA
Information about Pittsburgh, PA