Are You Moving to Fort McCoy, WI?
The reasons for moving to Fort McCoy, WI, are varied. You may be looking to cool off in the area's crisp Northern climate; you may be yearning for that small-town charm that Fort McCoy provides; or, you may just be stationing at the base itself. For whatever reason, you will soon find that moving to Fort McCoy, WI, is the smartest decision you and your family have ever made!
Highlights of Moving to Fort McCoy, WI
Moving to Fort McCoy, WI, is going to be your easiest move yet. From the characteristically friendly atmosphere of the north, to a quickly expanding job market and year-round entertainment, Fort McCoy will surprise and delight you and your family—young and old alike!
- Climate— You won't have to dream of white Christmases any longer—you'll just have to look out your window! The winter months stay around the mid-20s, with moderate snowfall through all months. You are going to love the beautiful winter landscape, as well as the rich diversity of wildlife that call it home. Also, summers are a refreshing 70 degrees, allowing you to enjoy everything there is to do in Fort McCoy!
- Population— Moving to Fort McCoy, WI, means getting away! There are two nearby cities, Sparta and Tomah—with populations of 9,500 and 9,000, respectively—for a total area population of about 20,000 people. What does that mean for you? The peace and serenity of a beautifully scenic residential community, without sacrificing the benefits of living in a city.
- Education— If you're bringing children along with you in your move to Fort McCoy, then you will be pleased to find that the area is home to two outstanding schools districts: the Sparta Area School District and the Tomah Area School District. With over 13 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, 2 high schools, and 3 specialized learning centers between them, your children will be in good hands with the experienced professionals in both districts!
- Entertainment— Perhaps the most exciting part about moving to Fort McCoy, WI, is the wealth of activities! The rural surroundings of Fort McCoy make the ideal conditions for biking, with organized biking expeditions along the area's cycling trails. In the nearby city of Tomah, you can enjoy the Cranberry Country Lodge's 12,000 sq. ft. aquatic center and the Three Bears Lodge's 50,000 sq. ft. indoor water park and skate park. To add even more fun to your summer, be sure to check out the Tomah Tractor Pull, a Wisconsin tradition for the past 36 years! You'll never run out of things to do in Fort McCoy!
- Work— Moving to Fort McCoy, WI, is a great career decision, as well! Major employers in the area include Century Foods International, McPherson Guitars, Lake States Lumber, Northern Engraving Corp., and Spartek. However, the economy of the area is developing rapidly—meaning there is a wide variety of small-employer jobs to go around, not to mention innumerable opportunities for self-employment. What more could you ask for!
Information about the Base
The military base at Fort McCoy, in operation since 1909, now serves as one of the military's Total Force Training Centers. Each year, around 100,000 members of the United States military are trained at Fort McCoy. The base employs almost 1500 civilian workers, and over 1000 contract workers, benefitting the local economy on the order of almost $1.5 billion.
If you are looking for military moving to Fort McCoy, check out U-Pack’s military relocation. With low rates, great customer service, and fast transit times (and you don’t have to drive a rental truck!), U-Pack is a great moving option. Get a free moving quote!
Links for Moving to Fort McCoy
City Website – Sparta The service center for Fort Mccoy, WI is located in Lacrosse, WI.
School District – Sparta
City Website – Tomah
School District – Tomah
Information about Fort Mccoy, WI
Fort Mccoy, WI Moving Resources: