Moving Companies in Burlington, VT
Simplify Your Long-Distance Move from Burlington
Picturesque Burlington, the cultural and educational center of Vermont, sits along the eastern shore of Lake Champlain. It blends small-town New England charm with quirky irreverence, a love for the arts and a passion for environmental conservation. And if you crave big-city activities, Montreal, Quebec is just 100 miles north.
But if your plans include an upcoming long-distance move, U-Pack® is the perfect place to begin. We make it easy by dropping off our equipment for you to load, then we drive it to your new home. It’s that easy! Or, load at a service center near you and reduce costs. Get details on how U-Pack services work, then contact us for a free quote.
9 Burlington Fun Facts
How well do you know your city?
- With just 43,000 residents, Burlington is the largest city in Vermont.
- Lifelong friends Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield founded Ben & Jerry’s ice cream shop in a renovated gas station in 1978.
- U.S. Senator and former presidential candidate Bernie Sanders served four consecutive terms as mayor of Burlington in the 1980s.
- In 2015, Burlington became the first city to source 100 percent of its residential energy from renewable sources, such as wind, solar and hydroelectric.
- The University of Vermont was one of the first universities to admit female students (1871).
- Burlington hosts the Festival of Fools every summer, welcoming world-renowned street performers along Church Street and City Hall Park.
- Burlington has one of the largest year-round farmers’ markets in the state.
- Proceeds from the Dragon Boat Festival — an annual team rowing event on Lake Champlain — go to local cancer charities.
The Fletcher Free Library (established in 1871) loans out gardening tools along with books, CDs and DVDs.
113 Avenue C
Williston VT, 05495