Moving Companies in Columbia, SC
Finding a Moving Company in Columbia
Columbia rests in the heart of South Carolina and proudly serves as The Palmetto State’s capital city. There are plenty of dining and entertainment options, good schools and a diverse job pool, which makes it a great place to live, work and raise a family. But if the time has come to leave for somewhere new, U-Pack® can help.
See how U-Pack works. Then, get a free moving quote online or call 877-453-7274 to check rates for your move from Columbia.
Where Are You Going?
U-Pack services all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. So, no matter where you’re going, we can get you there! And our transit times average just 2-5 business days.
Facts You Might Not Know About Columbia
No matter where you’re moving, you’re always going to have a little hometown pride. Educate your new neighbors about Columbia with these 5 facts about the city:
- The name “Columbia” is a poetic term used for the United States that originated from Italian explorer Christopher Columbus, the city’s namesake. It’s the first city in the U.S. to be named after the explorer and was chosen over the other option, Washington.
- Columbia has a place in Hollywood lore as the location for several feature films. They include “Staying Together,” starring Sean Astin and Dermot Mulroney (1989), “The Program,” starring James Caan and Halle Berry (1993) and “Accidental Love,” starring Jessica Biel and Jake Gyllenhaal (2015).
- There are four extra wide downtown streets. At the time they were built in the 18th century, these four perimeter streets that outlined the city were designed to be between 100-150 feet wide. Local legend has it that city planners did this as a way to fend off mosquitoes. The planners believed that a mosquito couldn’t fly more than 60 feet without dying of starvation, and that those wider streets would deter them.
- Columbia is sometimes referred to as “Soda City” by residents, but not because the city produces any particular brand of soft drink. The nickname comes from an old abbreviation of Columbia to "Cola."
- Columbia has a koala population. It’s true! The Riverbanks Zoo is one of only about six zoos in the country that has a permanent koala exhibit.
7424 Fairfield Rd
Columbia SC, 29203