Are You Moving to Fort Monmouth, NJ?
Have you ever been to the Atlantic shore? If you have, then you may already know why almost 50% of Americans live on the eastern coast. If you're considering moving to Fort Monmouth, NJ, be prepared to fall in love. You may never want to move again!
Highlights of Moving to Fort Monmouth, NJ
If you're craving what the East Coast has to offer—beautiful and reliable weather, a wealth of stable education and career opportunities, and a never-ending variety of entertainment—be sure to pick the right place! New York City is too busy and crowded for most; Miami is too hot, with unpredictable weather. But, you will be pleased to find that moving to Fort Monmouth, NJ, a perfect fit!
- Climate— If you love a mild climate, then moving to Fort Monmouth, NJ, is definitely for you! Summers in Fort Monmouth are typically a cool 75 degrees at their highest, with some moderate precipitation. Winters can be on the cooler side—usually in the low- to mid-30s—with less precipitation than during the summer months.
- Population— Luckily, Fort Monmouth is located in a sprawling suburban area in between two coastal cities, Asbury Park (population 15,000) and Middletown (population 66,000). That means you get to enjoy the peace and quiet of a residential community, as well as all the important services of a big city—such as voter registration, driver’s license application, and daycare services for your children.
- Education— Moving doesn't have to be difficult for you or your children! If you're moving to Fort Monmouth, NJ, be sure to look into the Eatontown Public Schools. Eatontown is another residential community near Fort Monmouth, and with five outstanding schools in its district, it knows just how to deliver the individualized education that stimulates not only your student's brain, but also his social life and personal development.
- Entertainment— Another way in which Fort Monmouth is blessed by geography is its exciting array of entertainment possibilities. To have fun as you get healthier, Head Over Heels is a gym that makes physical activity enjoyable—even for those who don't enjoy exercise—through classes such as gymnastics, dance, and cheer. For dining ideas, a local favorite is MJ's Pizza, Bar, & Grill, which in addition to great food offers a variety of entertainment, such as live music, karaoke, and food competitions. For age-specific fun, you can drop the kids off at Play N Trade, a local video game center, or one of the areas several malls and commercial centers.
- Work— Due to its location in northern New Jersey, this city's economy feeds heavily off of the economy of nearby New York City (a one-hour drive away). Major employers between and around this area include American Standard Company, Chubb Group, Hoffman-LaRoche Inc., and Lucent Technology. In addition to these, there are an almost infinite number of self-employment opportunities that span all possible market niches. Needless to say, you'll never be short of work after moving to Fort Monmouth!
Basics of the Base!
Opened in 1925, the base at Fort Monmouth led a diverse career in operation as an installation of the Department of the Army. Serving as the headquarters for the Communications Electronics Command; its associated Research, Development, and Engineering Center; the Defense Information Systems Agency; and the United States Military Academy Preparatory School, Fort Monmouth was officially closed in late 2011. Today, the base itself awaits its future, pending the decision of the commission charged with redeveloping it.
Final Info and Links
It's clear to see why Fort Monmouth is an ideal place to live. From the calm and relaxed weather to the dependably stable job market, moving to Fort Monmouth, NJ, is one of the best decision's you've ever made! To find out more information before moving to Fort Monmouth, NJ:
Local AreaThe service center for Fort Monmouth, NJ is located in Avenel, NJ.
Information about Fort Monmouth, NJ