Thinking of Moving to Plymouth, MN?
If you’re looking for a place with true potential, look no further than Plymouth, Minnesota. In 2008, Money Magazine named Plymouth the Number One Best Place to Live! No matter if you’re moving to Plymouth because of a career change or for a nice change of pace, there is no doubt that Plymouth can be a great home for you! Plymouth is the fifteenth largest city in Minnesota, but don’t let that fool you; this quaint suburb is packed with outdoor charm, from a dozen clear lakes to numerous parks and trails.
Highpoints of Moving to Plymouth, MN
Moving to a new city can be stressful and tedious, which is why we urge everyone considering moving to Plymouth, MN to know the facts. Recognizing the finer details of Plymouth, such as how to turn on utilities, or where to register to vote, will save you stress once you arrive. The following highpoints are listed to give you an idea of the life that awaits you in Plymouth, MN. Moving to Plymouth will be your simplest move yet!
- Climate- Plymouth, MN has a Midwestern climate. The summers are warm (around 80°F on average), whereas the winters are very cold and it snows often, so, if you’re planning a move here, be sure and stock up on winter gear.
- Population- Plymouth, MN has a total population of about 70,000 people, the perfect size for the suburban feel you may be looking for in comparison to nearby Minneapolis. The Plymouth City Council represents their citizens proudly and is working to push Plymouth towards progress. So jump right in!
- Economy- While the cost of living in Plymouth, MN may be the same as living in Minneapolis, the charm of Plymouth is its blending of urban and rural environments. Many major highways run through or close to Plymouth, giving you easy access to the metropolitan area. Plymouth, MN holds numerous employment opportunities with companies like Thomson Reuters data supply, UnitedHealth Group, and The Mosaic Company, or you can apply for a new job from various other employers. With nearly 50,000 jobs, there is no shortage of opportunities available in Plymouth, MN.
- Entertainment- Moving to Plymouth, MN means that you will have no shortage of exciting things to do! Between the Plymouth Playhouse and the Plymouth Ice Center, your artistic side is sure to flourish. If you prefer more outdoorsy activities, be sure to check out the parks or hit a few balls at one of the many gorgeous golf courses. There are tons of things for you to do with your kids as well! And after an exciting day of leisure, take your significant other someplace nice for dinner at any of the delicious restaurants offered when you move to Plymouth! Don’t miss some local favorites like Jake’s City Grille or Culver’s!
- Education- Plymouth, MN makes moving schools simple and painless. There are numerous options for elementary and middle schools, so it’ll be easy to find one near your new home. Minnesota’s largest high school, located in Plymouth, offers 26 advanced placement courses and many athletic and extracurricular activities. The entire public school system consists of one preschool, seven elementary schools, three middle schools, and one high school, as well as several other private academies and special needs facilities. Plymouth is also the home to the Minnesota School of Business, which offers degree opportunities in accounting, technology, health, business, and much more.
- Things to Do- Moving to Plymouth gives you access to all sorts of family-friendly activities! You will want to visit the Plymouth Ice Center to watch hockey games, figure skating, and go ice skating! Also the Playfield Bass Lake offers fun amusement for all ages including carnival rides. For those interested in the arts, don’t miss the Plymouth Playhouse – the local headquarters for all live performances of plays, musicals and more.
Helpful Links for Moving to Plymouth, MNThe service center for Plymouth, MN is located in Eagan, MN.
Chamber of Commerce
Information about Plymouth, MN