Reasons you’ll love moving to Burnsville, MN - Dakota County
Located just 15 miles south of the city of Minneapolis, Burnsville is home to 60,000 residents and is the tenth largest city in the state. Attractions galore surround Burnsville and are within a fifteen minute drive. These attractions include the Mall of America, Valleyfair Amusement Park, and the Minnesota Zoological Gardens. So much awaits you when you make your move to Burnsville.
Weather in Burnsville
- The average yearly temperature for Burnsville is 44 degrees Fahrenheit
- Average summer temperatures run in the 60s and 70s and winter temperatures are in the teens to 30s.
- Average precipitation for the year is approximately 30 inches.
- Average snowfall amounts run around 44 inches for the year.
- Be sure to bring your snow blowers, warm sweaters, boots, and coats when you move.
Getting an Education in Burnsville
- Schools within the Burnsville area are organized within the Burnsville-Egan-Savage Independent School District 191.
- There are 10 elementary schools, three junior high schools, and two high schools.
- Dakota County Technical College offers Burnsville residents continuing education and training in majors such as Business and Information Systems, Health and Human Services, Technical Careers, Transportation, Design, Visual Communications, and General Education.
Shopping in Burnsville
- Get out and into the community by supporting local farmers at the Burnsville Famer’s Market, located at 3333 Cliff Road in Your “shopping, shopping” begins at the Burnsville Center Mall with stores such as American Eagle Outfitters, Bath & Body Works, Charlotte Russe, The Children’s Place, Victoria’s Secret, and anchor stores of Sears, Macy’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and JC Penney.
- The mall includes a food court with an Arby’s, a Greek Grill, Kobe Japanese, and Subway.
- Other restaurants located in and around the mall are Applebee’s, Chuck E. Cheese, Panera Bread, Noodles & Company, and Macy’s Marketplace Deli.
- Just 10 miles north of Burnsville is the infamous Mall of America! Mall of America offers 520 stores, 50 restaurants, and a multiplicity of other attractions such as SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium, Nickelodeon Universe, American Girl, and Lego. There is so much to see and do when you live in Burnsville.
Burnsville’s Best Restaurants
- Nha Sang is a favorite in Burnsville with a variety of dishes such as Cranberry Curry Chicken, Tibetan Hot Spicy Chicken, Beef Broccoli, and Tibetin Pasta! They also offer free delivery and a buffet.
- Taqueria La Hacienda is another Burnsville favorite. They offer fish tacos, tacos al pastor, quesadillas, rice, beans, and tasty salsa.
- If you’re looking for some delicious Indian food, try out India Palace. The locals rave about their Tandoori Chicken Tikka, the Naan, and their Dal Soup!
Useful Links for Moving to Burnsville, MinnesotaThe service center for Burnsville, MN is located in Minneapolis, MN.
City of Burnsville
Burnsville Chamber of Commerce
New Resident Info & Utilities
Burnsville Post Office
Information about Burnsville, MN
Burnsville, MN Moving Resources: