Highlights on moving to Taylor, MI!
If moving to Taylor is in your plans, you’ll be moving to a great city located in the downriver section of Metropolitan Detroit – just 20 minutes outside of Detroit. The city of 63,000 offers median home prices around $108,000 and the cost of living is 13.6% less than the U.S. average. The city is said to be “Taylor-made” for families and offers comfortable neighborhoods, outstanding recreational opportunities and shopping options all conveniently located.
Your move to Taylor will also put you near many other area attractions: The Taylor Veterans Museum, Taylor Sportsplex, Taylor Meadows Golf Course, Lakes of Taylor Golf Course, and Heritage Park Petting Farm. Nearby Detroit offers a plethora of entertainment options such as: MGM Grand Detroit Casino, Motown Museum, Detroit Science Center, Fox Theater and Greektown Casino.
Moving to Taylor – What to expect
- The climate in Taylor. Taylor averages 183 sunny days a year with average July high temperatures around 83 degrees. You are definitely going to need heavy coats and gloves after moving to Taylor! Taylor winters are filled with cold temperatures as low as 16 degrees in January and an average yearly snowfall of 39 inches.
- Getting around in Taylor. SMART Bus is southeast Michigan’s only regional bus system. SMART operates 275 fixed route buses on 54 routes, 22 hours a day/7 days a week. SMART provides more than 12 million rides annually and is committed to providing quality bus service to area residents.
- Getting an education in Taylor. Degrees and certificate programs are available from several colleges in the Taylor area such as Wayne County Community College. Other colleges in the vicinity of Taylor include: Baker College, Everest Institute, Henry Ford Community College, Detroit Business Institute, Sanford-Brown College, Madonna University and Wayne State University. Taylor Public Schools serve the city’s K-12 students.
- Eating in Taylor. Taylor offers a variety of restaurant choices ranging from American to Mexican and Southwest fare. Malek Al Kabob is a favorite among residents featuring authentic Middle Eastern fare. Hungarian Rhapsody is another local favorite serving European and American family dining; they also have a banquet room and offer catering for up to 200 guests! More local favorites include: Pia’s Ristorante Italiano, Pete’s Place, Matador Restaurant, Gering’s Lounge, Little Daddy’s Parthenon and many more!
- Shopping in Taylor. Shopping in Taylor is an experience in itself! Conveniently located Southland Shopping Center is a shopping mall that attracts millions of shoppers annually. Anchored by Macy’s JC Penney and Best Buy with over 100 other specialty stores you are bound to find what you’re looking for.
Moving to Taylor, Michigan – New Resident Links
Chamber of Commerce
The service center for Taylor, MI is located in Romulus, MI.
Information about Taylor, MI