Highlights on moving to Troy, MI!
If moving to Troy is in your plans, you’ll be moving to the 12th largest city in Michigan – located only about 10 minutes from Detroit in Oakland County. This city of 81,000, known as “the city of tomorrow, today,” was recently voted the safest city in Michigan and the 5th safest city in the nation. Troy was also ranked one of the “Best Places to Live” in the U.S. based on housing, quality of education, economic strength and recreational opportunities.
Your move to Troy will put you near many area attractions: Troy Nature Center, Troy Historical Museum, Detroit Zoological Park, The Ford Community & Performing Arts Center and Henry Ford Estate-Fair Lane. Attractions
Moving to Troy – What to expect
- The climate in Troy. Troy averages 180 sunny days a year with average July high temperatures around 82 degrees. Troy winters are filled with cold temperatures as low as 15 degrees in January and an average yearly snowfall of 35.9 inches!
- Getting around in Troy. SMART Bus is southeast Michigan’s only regional bus system. SMART operates 275 fixed route buses on 54 routes, 22 hours a day/7 days a week. SMART provides more than 12 million rides annually and is committed to providing quality bus service to area residents.
- Getting an education in Troy. Graduate and undergraduate degrees are available from several colleges in Troy such as Walsh College, University of Phoenix, Spring Arbor University and Central Michigan University. Troy School District serves the city’s K-12 students and is known as an exemplary public school district.
- Eating in Troy. Troy offers a variety of restaurant choices ranging from American to Mexican and Southwest fare and everything in between. A local favorite of residents and a must try for all newcomers is Camp Ticonderoga, a rustic yet upscale bar and grill. Their menu features: Campfire Whitefish, The Wild Thang appetizer, Buffaloaf, Certified Black Angus Steaks and much more! Loccino Italian Grill and Bar is located in the heart of Troy and is another local favorite. Loccino has a dish to please everyone ranging from traditional Italian favorites to house specialties. They also have an extensive wine list to pair with your dinner choice.
- Shopping in Troy. Shopping in Troy is an experience in itself! The Somerset Collection is Troy’s premier shopping destination. With over 180 stores and restaurants, The Somerset Collection has something for everyone! Feature stores include: Barney’s New York, Tiffany & Co, Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Saks Fifth Avenue, Louis Vuitton, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and so many more. Oakland Mall is also located in Troy and features over 120 stores.
Moving to Troy, Michigan – New Resident Links
City WebsiteThe service center for Troy, MI is located in Auburn Hills, MI.
Chamber of Commerce
Places of Worship
Information about Troy, MI