Highlights of Moving to Fort Meade, MD
Moving to Fort Meade, MD, will open up so many doors for you and your family. With beautiful weather year-round, the peace and serenity of a residential community, and all the benefits that come along with living near a major city, there isn’t much that Fort Meade can’t do for you. Find out a little bit more about what makes this East-coast city so great!
- Climate - Situated right on the edge of Chesapeake Bay, Fort Meade enjoys a mild climate all year long. Summers are refreshingly cool, with an average July temperature in the upper-70s. Winters, on the other hand, can be slightly chilly—normally around 35 degrees in the coldest months. Fort Meade does tend to be on the rainier side, although no particular season receives more rainfall than another. So, tuck an umbrella in your suitcase and a whole lot of T-shirts, and prepare for the amazing Atlantic weather!
- Population - Moving to Fort Meade doesn’t mean sacrificing the relaxing quietude of a residential neighborhood. Instead, due to its location just on the cusp of the big-city Columbia, MD (population 100,000), you get to maintain that peaceful seclusion while still getting rapid access to important amenities.
- Education - Have you considered where your children are going to go to school once you move to Fort Meade? Anne Arundel County Public Schools, the school district that encompasses the area around Fort Meade, welcomes your student with one promise: “to inspire, educate and empower students to become independent, lifelong learners who impact our diverse and ever-changing society.” With a middle school conveniently located on-base, and a number of other schools around the area for your family to choose from, your child can finally get the personalized education that he or she has been craving!
- Entertainment - Stemming from its rich history, which dates back to colonial times, the area is home to a wide variety of world-class museums and exhibitions—such as the Howard County Historical Society Museum & Library and the No 1 General Art Center Inc. If you’re looking for nightlife, the nearby city of Columbia has plenty to offer! Local establishments such as Clyde’s, The Green Turtle, and Nottingham’s Tavern bring in high-profile musical performances year-round. Similarly, the Merriweather Post Pavilion is an outdoor performance center, where musical acts and theatre troupes (such as Toby’s Dinner Theatre) bring life to the stage every month! For a weekend retreat, be sure to check out one of the area’s three lakes, where you can enjoy a host of activities—from boating, swimming, and fishing, to hiking, camping, and barbecue. You’ll never run out of things to do in Fort Meade!
- Work - Moving to Fort Meade, MD, means gaining a sense of job security that is hard to find. With major employers in the area such as the United States Department of Defense, General Electric, PetMeds, Integral Systems, and Sourcefire, you can rest assured that the economy of Fort Meade is expanding every single day. Now, it’s your turn to grow with it!
Basics of the Base!
Fort Meade has had an exciting on-base life. Currently serving as the base of the National Security Agency, Fort Meade is the “preeminent center for information and intelligence.” With over 56,000 people working for the facility, Fort Meade has the third largest workforce of any Army installation and is Maryland’s largest employer overall.
Final Info and Links
For whatever reason you’re moving, Fort Meade is the number one destination! With astounding entertainment and great weather to enjoy it in, and a thriving market for employment with the educational resources necessary to get you ahead, moving to Fort Meade, MD, is the best decision you will have ever made!
Public SchoolsThe service center for Fort Meade, MD is located in Baltimore, MD.
Information about Fort Meade, MD
Fort Meade, MD Moving Resources: