Moving Companies in Vandalia, IL
Moving from Vandalia
Growing up in Vandalia, Illinois, has been an authentic, small-town experience. From Friday nights spent enjoying cheeseburgers and milkshakes at Willy’s Drive In to weekends in nearby St. Louis, living here has been fun. But things usually don’t stay the same forever, and when you’re moving to another state, U-Pack® is here to help.
With more than 240 service centers across the country, we average transit times of 4-6 business days.
Interesting Facts About Vandalia
This tiny, Illinois town is more than just a dot on the map. It’s rich in history with many facts that may surprise people who’ve never heard of it. Share these bits of trivia with your new friends:
- Vandalia celebrated its 200th birthday in June 2019. Surprisingly, it’s not one of the oldest cities in the state. Other towns date back to the 1600s.
- The city served as Illinois’ capital from 1819-1839, and its capitol building is the oldest in the state.
- Abraham Lincoln began his political career in Vandalia. It’s where he gave his first speeches against slavery and participated in debates.
- Residents love Abraham Lincoln so much they host an annual Lincoln Heritage Festival. People come from all around to dress up as the former president and act out skits.
- On November 21, 1915, the Liberty Bell passed through Vandalia. It was returning to Philadelphia from the Panama-Pacific International Exposition in San Francisco.
2500 South Raney Street
Effingham IL, 62401