Moving to Cicero, IL?
Here, you’ll find some great recommendations on moving to the Cicero, IL area as well as some tips to make it a smooth, seamless experience. Cicero is a very old and well-known suburb of Chicago. It is situated between the Eisenhower (I-290) and the Stevenson (I-55) southwest of the loop near the edge of Chicago’s Lawndale and Little Village neighborhoods. Home to roughly 90,000 residents, Cicero is a growing area that is welcoming a number of new condo projects and retail establishments.
If you are moving to Cicero, IL from another part of Chicagoland, you may have an eyebrow raised about some of the city’s rough history. It is true that in days past, when gangs and mobsters were more prominent throughout Chicago, Cicero was a well-known retreat. However, in 2011-2012 the city is boasting one of the lowest crime rates in the area.
Moving to Cicero, IL—Your New Environment
- Climate -- Moving to Cicero, IL from a more carefree climate like California may prove challenging, but the weather can be a fun experience. Expect the unexpected, and enjoy every minute of the summer. The winters are brutal!
- Transportation -- Cicero has two elevated train stops on Chicago’s Pink Line that offer a quick trip to the Loop and back throughout the early morning and evening. Learning to use the train system will become a big priority for enjoying everything that downtown Chicago has to offer after moving to Cicero, IL.
- Sports -- Being so close to Chicago means you get to enjoy all the sporting events the metro area has to offer. If you are a sports fan, you will love baseball season! Cicero is in White Sox country, but definitely make it to a few Cubs games while you live there too. Not to worry if you are a football or basketball fan. You can cheer for the Bears or the Bulls in the area as well!
- Shopping -- Chicago is also known to be one of the premier shopping destinations in the United States, and even the world. Retailers who line Chicago’s Magnificent Mile on North Michigan Avenue are on the top ten list for highest rents paid in the world. This means some of the most amazing flagship stores are right around the corner from you. Window shopping on Saturdays is an absolute must!
- Food -- Ever had an authentic Chicago-style pizza? Try Giordano’s downtown (just across the way from the Willis Tower). Mouth-watering is an understatement. Here is my tip: fast for several hours before you go in. Portions are enormous!
Moving to Cicero, IL—Bookmark This!The service center for Cicero, IL is located in Des Plaines, IL.
Chamber of Commerce
Information about Cicero, IL