Information and tips for moving to Marietta, GA - Cobb County
Located in Cobb County, Georgia is the city of Marietta. With a population of 56,579 people, Marietta is one of Atlanta’s largest suburbs and is the county seat of Cobb County. Being only a half-hour drive from Atlanta, Marietta has a quaint suburban atmosphere.
Climate of Marietta
- Marietta’s average yearly temperature is a pleasant 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the summer, temperatures can get as high as about 87degreesFahrenheit, and in the winter, temperatures are, on average, in the mid to low 30s.
- Marietta’s average precipitation is on the high side with a yearly average of 52.5 inches, but only 1.9 inches of that yearly precipitation is snow.
Getting an Education in Marietta
- Marietta’s public school system is operated by Marietta City Schools.
- Marietta has a total of eight elementary schools, one middle school and one high school and all other schools in Cobb County are operated by the Cobb County School District.
- Marietta is also home to the college campuses of Southern Polytechnic State University, Chattahoochee Technical College and Life University.
Recreation in Marietta
- For a fun family activity, visit Marietta Gone with the Wind Museum which features one of the world’s largest collections of memorabilia pertaining to both the book and the movie.
- Also, check out the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art which is the only art museum dedicated to American art in the whole metropolitan area.
- For an interesting theatre experience, try out Theatre in the Square where Broadway-level productions are staged in a small 225 seat space.
- Test out one of Marietta’s many eclectic cuisines at Australian Bakery Cafe in Marietta Square where you can eat authentic Australian baked goods as well as all of your familiar favorites.
- Also, try out Falafel Cafe for Marietta’s best Persian cuisine which, of course, offers great falafel as well as kebabs, hummus, gyros and more.
- For a fun night out, don’t miss Johnnie MacCracken’s Celtic Pub, where you can get specialty drinks, affordable foods and a great atmosphere with occasional live music.
- Head over to Mazzy’s Sports Bar and Grill for a casual night out with friends where you can do anything from watch your favorite teams, grab a bite to eat or play a fun game of pool or darts.
- If you love karaoke, you can sing your heart out every Wednesday through Saturday night at Faces Lounge in Marietta.
Useful Links - Moving to MariettaThe service center for Marietta, GA is located in Atlanta, GA.
Official City Website
Cobb Chamber of Commerce
Information about Marietta, GA