Highlights on moving to West Palm Beach, FL!
Located on the Atlantic coast in Southeastern Florida, West Palm Beach is a city of unsurpassed beauty – it’s a tropical paradise. If a move to West Palm Beach is in your future you will be interested to know that it is located in Palm Beach County Florida and has a population of just under 100,000 people. With subtropical waterfronts, exciting dining locations, excellent downtown shopping choices, a plethora of entertainment options and an extensive cultural arts district, West Palm Beach offers something for everyone!
Your move to West Palm Beach will also put you near many natural attractions: Wakodahatchee Wetlands, Grassy Waters Preserve, Busch Wildlife Sanctuary, J.W. Corbett Wildlife Management Area, Mounts Botanical Gardens, Belle Glade and many more! The area also gives residents many options for diving and snorkeling. You can explore wrecks, dive coral reefs or snorkel the shallows just off shore.
Moving to West Palm Beach – What to expect
- The climate in West Palm Beach. In West Palm Beach the summer months of May through October are considered the wet season, with hot and humid temperatures. The winter months of November through April are warm and dry. In other words, if you like sunshine and warm weather, West Palm Beach is the place for you! Don’t forget to pack your sunscreen; you’ll need it! You’ll also want to prepare for hurricane season – it’s from June 1 through November 30th and peaks in August, September and October.
- Getting around in West Palm Beach. West Palm Beach offers its residents many options when it comes to transportation. Palm Tran offers fixed routes and connection routes in and around West Palm Beach and Palm Beach International Airport offers numerous flights to several destinations.
- Playing in West Palm Beach. West Palm Beach is a sports lover’s dream destination. The tropical landscape can be explored by ground or air with plenty of hiking trails, aerial adventures and even airboat rentals. You can find just about anything to do in West Palm Beach from horseback riding to kayaking, area zoos, water parks, museums, parasailing and helicopter tours!
- Eating in West Palm Beach. West Palm Beach offers a variety of restaurant choices ranging from All-American to seafood, steaks and everything in between. The city also has dining options complete with entertainment such as BB King’s Blues Club. In addition to live music, BB King’s offers ribs, seafood, chicken and many other options. Other local dining favorites include City Oyster, Ironwood Grille, Brewzzi, Blue Martini and more!
- Shopping in West Palm Beach. Clematis Street District in West Palm Beach is a favorite shopping area in the city. The historic area features, art galleries, specialty shops, boutiques, restaurants, clubs and sidewalk cafés. The Gardens Mall is a luxurious regional shopping center with over 160 stores including large retailers such as: Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, Macy’s, and Sears.
Moving to West Palm Beach, Florida – New Resident Links
The service center for West Palm Beach, FL is located in Delray Beach, FL.
Things to Do
Information about West Palm Beach, FL