Pondering on Moving to Pico Rivera, California?
The city of Pico Rivera, California, is located a mere 11 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles. Its 62,000 or so residents are quite culturally diverse. Incorporated in 1958, it enjoys a great deal of accessibility to both the big city nearby and to the less populous suburban areas and even nature areas. The city of Pico Rivera, CA, may be small, just under nine square miles, but it presents many conveniences of modern city life within its boundaries, as well as enjoying proximity to others.
Perks to Moving to Pico Rivera, CA
- Home: Despite being tiny with respect to land size, buying things for your everyday needs is quite easy in Pico Rivera, CA. Whether you need to pick up a few things from the grocery store, pick up a prescription from a CVS or Walgreens, buy things for the home from Target or Wal-Mart, or pick up some office supplies from Staples, Pico Rivera has what you need.
- Education: Pico Rivera is served by two school districts, El Rancho Unified and Montebello Unified School Districts. Although there are no colleges within city limits, there are various nearby options, including Rio Hondo College (4 miles), East Los Angeles College (7 miles) and California State University--Los Angeles, a major university about 7 miles away.
- Transportation: Pico Rivera is served by various roads and highways for relatively quick access to the whole area, including Los Angeles, Long Beach, Pomona and Pasadena. Public transportation (bus and train) is provided by Metropolitan Transit Authority and Montebello Bus Lines. LAX airport is just 30 minutes to the west.
- Medical Centers/Hospitals: There are three within a five mile radius of Pico Rivera, CA.
Recreation in and around Pico Rivera, CA
- Parks: There are over 120 developed acres within the city limits, including parks with playgrounds, athletic fields, gyms and an Olympic pool. There is even a municipal golf course.
- Dining Out: You have a nice choice of eateries right within Pico Rivera, CA: pizza/pasta, Mexican, steakhouse, deli, coffee shop, etc.
- Venues: The Pico Rivera Sports Arena is a 6,000-seat arena where you can see rodeos and Latin entertainment. The Centre for the Arts presents a handful of annual exhibitions of Southern California artists. The Pico Rivera Historical Museum presents local history. Of course, being so near Los Angeles adds a multitude of nearby recreational events, from big-name concerts to professional sports to extraordinary nightlife.
- Outdoors: The nearby Arroyo Pescadero opens to a wildlife corridor that extends to the Cleveland National Forest. Less than an hour away from Pico Rivera, CA, the Angeles National Forest offers a variety of outdoors activities, including swimming, hiking, picnicking, camping, skiing and spectacular scenic views.
Moving to Pico Rivera, CA the Easy Way!
Moving to Pico Rivera doesn’t have to be stressful and expensive. You are probably thinking that your best choice for affordable moving would be a rental truck, well think again! U-Pack offers a moving option that is comparable to truck rental prices, but you never have to drive a bulky truck! It works like this:
- We bring a moving trailer or moving container to you.
- You load your stuff inside, and you pay only for the space you use.
- We drive it to your home in Pico Rivera.
- You unload.
You can easily check and compare prices by getting a free moving quote! Explore our coverage area and learn about the cities we service.
8001 Telegraph Road
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
If we are not able to provide door-to-door delivery to your city near Pico Rivera, CA, you can save money by loading or unloading at the service center conveniently located in Pico Rivera, CA. If you have questions about serviceability to your location, please call us at 800-240-7422, and a U-Pack Moving Consultant will gladly help.
|Upcoming Holidays Observed:
|Service may be curtailed. Contact local service center for details.