Moving Companies in Bakersfield, CA
Moving from Bakersfield?
Bakersfield is perfectly situated in between Fresno and Los Angeles, giving residents an idyllic California home. But if life is calling you to a new hometown, U-Pack is a great option. Not only do we have a service center here, but we also have over 230 service centers across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. So it doesn’t matter where you’re moving, we can help you get there.
With our unique long-distance moving service, you can go from California to a new state easily. Learn more about how U-Pack works here, and get a free moving quote online or by calling 844-362-5303844-594-3077. While you may be sad to leave Bakersfield, we can help make the process affordable and simple.
5 Uniquely B-Town things you’re leaving behind
From beautiful weather, excellent higher education and outdoor activities, what things are you sad to move away from? These are some of the most distinctive things found here:
- The Bakersfield Sound. This area is known as Nashville West by being the birthplace of a unique style of music. The mid- to late-1950s country music features electric instruments, a heavy backbeat and a rock and roll influence on honky-tonk. Two of the most successful artists in this genre hail from here: Merle Haggard and Buck Owens. You’ll hear this style of music performed in other places, but it won’t be the same outside of Kern County.
- One-of-a-kind parks. Depending on where you’re moving to, it may be difficult to find such a rich concentration of State and National Parks. This region is home to several exciting locations such as Red Rock Canyon State Park and Sequoia National Forest. If you’ve never visited them, make the time before you leave the Bakersfield area.
- Year-round festivals. Where else can you attend festivals and fairs devoted to bluegrass music, square dancing, chili verde, Celtic music, Greek food, Italian street painting and holiday lights? You’re sure to have some festivals in your new hometown, but you can always come back here to visit and experience your favorites throughout the year.
- Amazing off-roading. There are over 18,000 off-highway vehicles registered in Kern County, which is why Bakersfield is home to a huge 11,000-acre OHV park. After moving from Bakersfield, take the time to find a safe, legal place to ride your vehicle if there’s not a park nearby.
- Tule fog. This thick ground fog is a phenomenon that happens in California’s Central Valley. You might be glad to leave this behind, as it’s the leading cause of weather-related accidents in this region.
3307 Gulf St
Bakersfield CA, 93308