Highlights on moving to Vacaville, CA!
Described as one of the most charming communities of Northern California, Vacaville is nestled in the rolling hills just west of Sacramento Valley. If moving to Vacaville, CA is in your plans, you’ll be joining around 93,000 residents who already call “the Golden Hills” home.
Vacaville is located in the northeastern portion of San Francisco Bay Area in Solano County, only minutes from Sacramento and San Francisco on I-80. It’s also a short drive from Sacramento International Airport and many other points of interest such as Jelly Belly Factory Tours, Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tours, Fairytale Town, Raging Waters, numerous museums in San Francisco and Sacramento, Winchester Mystery House, cable car sightseeing in nearby San Francisco, and San Francisco Bay cruises!
Your move to Vacaville will also put you near many natural attractions: Lake Tahoe, Napa Wine Country and Lagoon Valley Park for fishing, sailing, hiking and swimming, Vacaville is also home to a number of rare and endangered species of plants that grow in the vernal pools in and around the city.
Moving to Vacaville – What to expect
- The climate in Vacaville. Your move to Vacaville will require shorts and sunglasses! With an average of 275 days of sunshine a year, Vacaville has a typical Mediterranean climate with mild wet winters and warm, dry summers. The city averages less than 25 inches of rain a year and it hardly ever snows! July is the city’s warmest month with an average high temperature of 83 degrees and January is the coolest month with average lows in the mid 40’s.
- Getting around in Vacaville. Vacaville City Coach provides transportation throughout Vacaville Monday-Friday 6:30am-5:30pm and Saturday 8:30am-4:30pm. Citylink connects the cities of Fairfield, Vacaville, Dixon, Davis and Winters.
- Getting an education in Vacaville. Academic and career technical education can be obtained in Vacaville at Solano Community College. Other nearby options include: University of California – Davis, California Maritime Academy, Los Medanos College, ITT Technical Institute – Concord, Pacific Union College and Brandman University – Travis AFB. Local public school grades K-12 is served by Vacaville Unified School District
- Eating in Vacaville. Offering everything from down home comfort cooking to the modern flavors of California cuisine, Vacaville’s dining options are sure to please everyone! Fuso Italian Restaurant is a local favorite and one you definitely must try! With menu items including: Homemade Goat Cheese Gnocchi, Risotto, Lobster Ravioli with Prawns, Fuso Calamari Steak Diavolo and many pasta dishes, Fuso also offers a full bar, live entertainment and even banquet services. Other local favorites include: BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, Merchant & Main Bar and Grill, Tahoe Joe’s Famous Steakhouse and Los Reyes Restaurante.
- Shopping in Vacaville. Vacaville Premium Outlets is the area favorite for all your shopping needs. Vacaville Premium Outlets is home to over 120 outlet stores including: Burberry, Coach, Jones New York, Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Gap, True Religion, Tommy Hilfiger, Banana Republic and so many more!
Moving to Vacaville, California – New Resident Links
City WebsiteThe service center for Vacaville, CA is located in Sacramento, CA.
Chamber of Commerce
Information about Vacaville, CA