Top Ten Reasons for Moving to Lodi
- One very good reason for moving to Lodi is because of its location. It’s located in the San Joaquin Valley in Central Valley. Central Valley is extremely productive in the agricultural sector.
- Lodi is home to a wide range of companies that include manufacturing, agricultural, and general services: Archer Daniels Midland, Blue Shield of California, General Mills, Kubota Tractors, Lodi Iron Works, Cottage Bakery, Pacific Coast Producers, and many others.
- If you’re a fan of root beer, you’ll love Lodi. Lodi is the birthplace of A&W Root Beer and the A&W Restaurants – established in 1919 and considered the first fast food restaurant.
- After moving to Lodi, each September you and you’re family can enjoy the Grape Festival which includes rides, great food, and wine tasting (Lodi is considered the wine-grape capital of California).
- Theater buffs can enjoy or be a part of productions brought to the community via the Changing Faces Theater Company (a non-profit, student-run organization) every summer. The show is a two-week production which casts local students age six to college and some adults.
- When moving to Lodi, you’ll find the town is packed full of opportunities for golf and outdoor recreation at locations like the Lodi Skate Park, Parachute Center, Dry Creek Ranch Golf Club, Headwaters Kayak, and Lodi Parks.
- Shopping abounds in Lodi. When you have an itch to shop ‘til you drop, scratch it at stores like Avignon French, Weigum’s Lodi Nursery, Elegant Illusions, Fashion Safari, Something Special, City Girl, Willow Tree, Lodi Sporting Goods, and Sierra Adventure Outfitters.
- Lodi is a community that offers a little bit of everything; so, you’ll also find the Micke Grove Zoo, World of Wonders Science Museum, Hill House Museum, and the San Joaquin County Historical Museum after moving to Lodi.
- Lodi has a dining venue capable of satisfying any craving. Fine dining includes Woodbridge Inn, CRUSH Kitchen and Bar, and School Street Bistro. You can find café style restaurants scattered through town like Chalkboard Café, Bon Appetit, The Soup Ladle, Velvet Grill & Creamery, etc. Other local restaurants include Dee Dee’s, The Omelette House, Moo Moo’s Burger Barn, Joe’s of Italy, Tony’s Pizzeria, King Tsin, Jade Fountain, and countless others.
- Moving to Lodi puts you in close proximity of many great places to venture to. You’ll only be a short drive away from great California escapes like Sacramento, Modesto, and Stockton.
Moving to Lodi – Helpful LinksThe service center for Lodi, CA is located in Stockton, CA.
Lodi Waste Management Services
Electric Utility – Lodi
Lodi Unified School District
Information about Lodi, CA