Highlights on moving to Westminster, CA!
If moving to Westminster, CA is in your plans, you’ll be joining around 95,000 others who already call “The City of Progress Built on Pride” their home. Westminster is located in the western part of Orange County only minutes from North Coast and about 30 miles from downtown Los Angeles. Westminster is also a short drive from LA/Ontario International Airport and many other points of interest such as Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Disney California Adventure, Knott’s Soak City USA, Universal Studios, Paramount Studios and Grauman’s Chinese Theater.
Your move to Westminster will also put you near many natural attractions: The Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Center is the world’s largest urban national park and is located about an hour from Westminster. Other attractions in the area include: Angeles National Forest, Channel Islands National Park, Pyramid Lake, Los Angeles County Beaches, Franklin Canyon and more!
Moving to Westminster – What to expect
- The climate in Westminster. Your move to Westminster will require swimming suits and sunglasses! With an average of 275 days of sunshine a year, Westminster has a semi-arid Mediterranean climate with mild winters and warm, dry summers. The city averages less than 13 inches of rain a year and it never snows! July is the city’s warmest month with an average high temperature of 83 degrees and January is the coolest month with average lows in the mid 40’s.
- Getting around in Westminster. Orange County Transit Authority serves Orange County’s bus and Para transit needs. Metro offers service outside the city.
- Getting an education in Westminster. Westminster School District services Westminster’s K-12 students depending on where they live in the community. Higher education in the city is offered at Coastline Community College Westminster Campus. Other nearby colleges include: California State University-Long Beach, Santa Ana College, TUI University, Cypress College, Orange Coast College and Golden West College.
- Eating in Westminster. Westminster is known for its authentic Vietnamese cuisine! S Vietnamese Fine Dining is a local favorite boasting a sensual, stylish and superb dining experience. Their menu is complete with such options as: Vit Nuong Chao, Vit Tiem, Ca Va Nam, Bo Luc Lac and many more! S also offers specialty drinks and an extensive wine list.
- Shopping in Westminster. Westminster Mall is located in the city and offers over 180 specialty stores sure to meet all your shopping needs. Anchored by Macy’s, JC Penney, Sears and Target, Westminster Mall is a modern shopping center housed in a beautiful building with a recently renovated interior.
Moving to Westminster, California – New Resident Links
City WebsiteThe service center for Westminster, CA is located in Anaheim, CA.
Chamber of Commerce
Points of Interest
Information about Westminster, CA
Westminster, CA Moving Resources: