Information and tips for moving to Hemet, CA - Riverside County
The enchanting city of Hemet, CA is located in the San Jacinto Valley alongside the city of San Jacinto. Hemet covers about half of the San Jacinto Valley and is located a short one hour drive from San Diego or a ninety minute drive from Downtown Los Angeles. The city is also surrounded by the San Jacinto Mountains and the Santa Rosa Hills, and the climate is very dry with few bodies of water around except for the man-made Lake Hemet. Continue reading this guide for even more helpful tips on relocating to Hemet, CA.
- Hemet has a comfortable average year-round temperature of 62°F.
- In the summer, Hemet’s highest temperatures can reach into the high 90s, and in the winter, the temperatures can get as low as 33°F.
- The average yearly precipitation in Hemet is a mere 11.4 inches, so be prepared for some hot and dry weather, especially in the summer but more mild winters.
- There are approximately 20,000 students that are a part of Hemet’s public school system which is served by the Hemet Unified School District.
- The district is composed of one preschool, fourteen elementary schools, five middle schools and five high schools.
- Additionally, the school district offers an adult school, an independent study school and a homeschooling network.
- Every year in Hemet, the Ramona Pageant is performed at the Ramona Bowl Amphitheatre. The Ramona Pageant is not only the official state play of the state of California, but it is also the largest and longest running outdoor play in the whole United States! The Ramona Pageant is a strong fixture in Hemet and is a must-see for both residents and tourists alike.
- For some educational fun, Hemet has the Western Science Center with permanent exhibits such as “Max,” the largest mastodon in the western U.S., and “Postcards from the Past” where you can learn all about what houses were like in the area during the 1880s as well as explore Native American artifacts.
- Hemet also has a wide array of parks in the city that offer playgrounds, basketball courts, picturesque picnic areas with barbecues, tennis courts, walking and hiking trails and lawn bowling green as well as the Valley Wide Community Sports Park that has several baseball and soccer fields as well as basketball, tennis, volley ball and pickle ball courts, and an aquatic center.
Useful Links - Moving to Hemet
City of HemetThe service center for Hemet, CA is located in Fontana, CA.
Hemet Chamber of Commerce
Information about Hemet, CA