Highlights on moving to Oceanside, CA
Oceanside, CA is located in the northern most region of San Diego County. The city boasts a 1,000 boat slip harbor and 3.5 miles of beaches. Residents can also enjoy 30 city parks, 2 municipal swim centers, 2 city owned golf courses and a 1600 foot fishing pier! Oceanside is a short 35 mile drive to San Diego and only 83 miles from Los Angeles. Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, the busiest military base in the United States, is located just north of Oceanside. If a move to Oceanside, CA is in your plans then you’ll be interested to know that the city’s population has expanded from 45,000 in 1970 to approximately 183,095 today!
Moving to Oceanside – What to expect
- The climate in Oceanside. Oceanside has the second most desirable climate in the nation! With an annual high temperature of 69.1 degrees and an annual low temperature of 52.7 degrees you can easily that the weather is near perfect all the time. Annual rainfall is a mere 10.7 inches. The only downfall to Oceanside’s weather is what the locals refer to as “June Gloom,” which is a period of night and morning low clouds along the coastal strip.
- Getting around in Oceanside. Oceanside’s COASTER commuter train runs north-south, and serves eight stations between Oceanside and downtown San Diego. The Metrolink commuter trains runs to Los Angeles, and Amtrak trains run throughout California. Airports serving the community include: McClellan-Palomar Airport which has scheduled commuter service to L.A. and Phoenix, and San Diego International Airport with non-stop service to most major North American cities.
- Playing in Oceanside. Located on the Pacific Ocean, Oceanside has plenty of recreation to satisfy most anyone. Oceanside is known for its beaches and water sports as well as hiking, biking, golf and skiing. With 3.5 miles of beaches Oceanside is a favorite spot for surfers. Current surf conditions and live video feed can be viewed at Oceanside Pier Surf Cam. Oceanside is also a stop for many surfing events. U.S. Surfing Championships, National Scholastic Surfing Association and World Body Surfing Championships have all visited Oceanside.
- Housing in Oceanside. Oceanside has the most affordable coastal housing in all of Southern California. Housing costs in Oceanside were 11 percent less than San Diego, 19 percent less than Los Angeles, 20 percent less than Irvine and 27 percent less than San Jose. Homes for Sale in Oceanside, CA.
- Schools in Oceanside. Oceanside is serviced by several different school districts depending on your address: The Oceanside Unified School District , The Bonsall Union School District, The Carlsbad Union School District, The Fallbrook Union Elementary School District and The Vista Unified School District. There are also 2 colleges in Oceanside, Miracosta College and Palomar Community College for your higher education needs.
Moving to Oceanside, Arizona – New Resident LinksThe service center for Oceanside, CA is located in Vista, CA.
Oceanside City Website
Oceanside Chamber of Commerce
Information about Oceanside, CA
Oceanside, CA Moving Resources: