Thinking of Moving to Carlsbad, CA?
Whether you are moving to Carlsbad for a new career or simply looking to make a new life on the beach, Carlsbad is the place for you! Carlsbad is a mid-sized city with a small town feel located right on the Pacific Coast and a mere 40 minutes from the neighboring town of San Diego. Probably most well-known for its high standard of living and its resort-like atmosphere, Carlsbad is also the home to the majority of San Diego’s Top 25 employers including Qualcomm, Sony Electronics, Geico, and Wells Fargo Mortgage.
Highpoints of Moving to Carlsbad, CA
The process of relocating can often be stressful and tedious. For this reason we encourage anyone moving to Carlsbad, CA to gather their facts in advance. The following highlights are listed for you to gain a better idea of what lies ahead for you in Carlsbad, California. Moving to Carlsbad will be your easiest move yet!
- Climate- Carlsbad has a constant year-round average temperature of about 70 degrees. For most, this temperature is a happy medium of not too cold but not too hot. It is often described as a “cool summer Mediterranean climate.” Precipitation of any kind is often rare.
- Population- Carlsbad prides itself on being a large city with a small town feel. The total population is about 105,000 people. For some, this is considered large, but to Carlsbad residents there could not be a more perfect atmosphere. The officials of Carlsbad have implemented several initiatives to guarantee that over one third of the city remains open space, as well as continually pushing for community involvement.
- Entertainment- There is no shortage of amusement for those who live in Carlsbad, California. Because of the city-wide drive for community involvement, there are always group activities from sports leagues to art shows available to the public. Carlsbad prides itself on its large series of interconnected hiking trails throughout the city as well as its adult and children’s libraries. You certainly can’t forget the beach or the famous Carlsbad Caverns! Those moving to Carlsbad find the beachfront accessibility exhilarating!
- Economy- Carlsbad, California is a center for economic industry. Not only is the unemployment rate a startling third less than the national average, but the job growth rate is projected to be 33% higher. This is promising for anyone looking to move to Carlsbad for a new career. Carlsbad residents also have easy access to jobs in San Diego and the surrounding cities. There is no limit to job opportunities for those who have moved to Carlsbad.
- Food-Moving to Carlsbad, CA is a food lover’s paradise! Locals love the broad range of restaurants from Mexican food like Las Olas, to Italian like Gregorios, or even American cuisine such as Bistro West’s.
- Education-Moving to Carlsbad, CA is often found to be an easy transition for children. There are 32 schools in Carlsbad. This number consists of 22 public schools and 10 private. Between these schools there are 21 elementary schools, 7 middle schools, and 4 high schools. Carlsbad Unified School District is rated one of the highest in terms of education. However, if your kids are not yet in grade school then take advantage of the 30 preschools also available.
Helpful Links for Moving to Carlsbad, CA
City WebsiteThe service center for Carlsbad, CA is located in San Diego, CA.
Chamber of Commerce
Things to Do
Information about Carlsbad, CA