Highlights on moving to Upland, CA!
If moving to Upland is in your plans, you’ll be welcomed by a population of around 74,000 in this suburban San Bernardino County city. Upland sits at the base of the San Bernardino Mountains, about 40 miles east of Los Angeles. It’s known as “The City of Gracious Living” and prides itself on its country and urban ambiance. The historic downtown area offers leisurely shopping, antique stores, custom shops, fine dining and even a farmer’s market. Upland is conveniently located near several other cities in southern California such as: East San Gabriel Valley, Rancho Cucamonga, Claremont, Montclair and Pomona.
Fun Fact: Upland is well known throughout the skateboarding community and was actually the birthplace of vertical pool and pipe skateboarding.
Moving to Upland – What to expect
- The climate in Upland. With an average high temperature of 74 degrees Upland, CA has a perfect climate for those that enjoy moderate humidity, lots of sunshine and less than 23 inches of rain a year. Complimenting the warm sunny days are cool nights with an average low temperature of 48 degrees.
- Getting around in Upland. Upland is located only 10 minutes from the Ontario International Airport. For local travel residents can jump aboard the county’s bus system Omnitrans with 27 fixed routes as well as a general public dial-a-ride service. Metrolink also offers services to Upland and surrounding areas.
- Playing in Upland. Moving to Upland will put you near many different recreational/entertainment options. Love to ski? Check out Mt. Baldy which is complete with everything from easy to expert level runs and trails. In the mood for surfing, sunning and hanging on the beach? Huntington Beach is less than an hour’s drive from Upland! With San Diego to the south and Los Angeles a short drive west, Upland is in the perfect location to enjoy all that Southern California has to offer. Notable points of interest include: The San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park, Sea World, Legoland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Paramount Studios, Madame Tussauds Hollywood, and Grauman’s Chinese Theater.
- Eating in Upland. If you’re looking for a great restaurant in Upland you might want to check out Tango Baires Cafe offering delicious Argentinean dining. Serving many different dishes including empanadas, sandwiches, salads, Argentinean specialties as well as pastas, you’re sure to find something to please your taste buds! Other local favorites include: Spaggi’s, Christophe’s, Kishi Japanese, JD Allison’s Bar and Grill and Shakey’s Pizza Parlor.
- Shopping in Upland. Shopping options are abundant in Upland! Colonies Crossroads offers Target, Payless, Ulta, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Bed Bath & Beyond and more! Mountain Green houses Kohl’s, Columbia Shoes, Radio Shack, Michael’s, Hallmark and several others. Other shopping options include: Marshall’s Shopping Center, Red Hill Plaza, Foothill Town Center and Village Grove Square. Los Angeles is also only about 50 minutes away and offers upscale shopping as well as numerous discount retailers.
Moving to Upland, Arizona – New Resident Links
City WebsiteThe service center for Upland, CA is located in Fontana, CA.
City Phone Numbers
Chamber of Commerce
Information about Upland, CA