Thinking of Moving to Ontario, California?
Ontario, California, 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles and part of the region called Inland Empire, benefits from growing technology sectors and other job growth opportunies. Moving to Ontario means enjoying all the lifestyle amenities of a medium-sized city. It has its own airport, LA/Ontario International Airport, ranked by Forbes.com as one of the five best alternate airports in America. It is centrally, conveniently located between Interstate 10, Interstate 15, the Chino Valley Freeway and the Pomona Freeway. Ontario's 160,000+ residents enjoy mild winters and warm summers.
Why Moving to Ontario, California Is Advantageous
- Shopping: Ontario is home to Ontario Mills Mall, the busiest outlet mall in Southern California, which includes scores of clothing, health and beauty, accessory, electronics and kids stores; a couple of movie theaters; comedy clubs; arcades and entertainment venues; and a variety of restaurants.
- Fun: The Citizens Business Bank Arena is the largest enclosed arena in the Inland Empire. It is home to hockey matches, ice shows, indoor football, and big-name music and comedy shows. Ontario is also home to Scandia Amusement Park, and is minutes away from Raging Waters park and Auto Club Speedway (formerly California Speedway). Disneyland is about 35 minutes away.
- Nature: Moving to Ontario, California means that you are less than an hour drive from Lake Elsinore, Big Bear Lake, Newport Beach, Chino Hills State Park and Temecula Valley wine country.
- Transportation: Besides being at the hub of various freeways and interstates, it is also home to the LA/Ontario International Airport and has a Metrolink train station.
- Education: In addition to a number of private schools, there are 25 public elementary schools, six middle schools and five high schools. Colleges include Providence Christian College and University of Laverne College of Law. Ontario also has satellite campuses for Chaffey College, National University and Chapman University.
- Trivia: Notable residents of Ontario, California, past and present include author Beverly Cleary, musician Frank Zappa and Hall of Fame football player Anthony Muñoz.
Moving to Ontario ResourcesThe service center for Ontario, CA is located in Fontana, CA.
Chamber of Commerce
Things to do
Information about Ontario, CA