Moving Soon to Santa Clarita, California?
Santa Clarita was only incorporated as a city in 1987, but this city nestled in Santa Clarita Valley has a healthy population of more than 170,000. Bordered by Interstate 5 and the Santa Clarita Woodlands Park on the west side, The Antelope Valley Freeway (SR-14) and the Ángeles National Forest on the east side, and canyon lands to the north, Santa Clarita is separated from the crowds of Los Angeles and its suburbs 35 miles to the southeast. Money magazine ranked it number 18 on the list of top 100 places to live in 2006 and the FBI listed it as the sixth safest city of its size in the U.S.
Other Nice Things about Moving to Santa Clarita, California
- The weather in Santa Clarita: Its proximity to the Mojave Desert means that it’s warm and dry for most of the year – definitely a place where you’ll need warm-weather clothing instead of cold. Winters are mild, and snow is rare.
- Santa Clarita Attractions: If you enjoy amusement parks, Santa Clarita can deliver. Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor lie just outside of the city limits. You can also take excursion trains with Fillmore & Western Railway, play at Paintball U.S.A. or visit one of a variety of local museums. Santa Clarita is also known for its prestigious golf courses, some of which host PGA Tour tournaments.
- Nature in and around Santa Clarita: Moving to Santa Clarita will put you in proximity of a number of outdoors adventures. You can hike in the Ed Davis Park in Townsley Canyon, enjoy a scenic drive on Highway 6, “Sierra Highway,” take in the beauty of the Placerita Canyon Nature Area or go rock climbing at Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park.
- Businesses in Santa Clarita: You can find everything from the Farmer's Market to Main Street Boutiques in Oldtown Newhall. The Westfield Valencia Town Center offers a great variety of shopping, entertainment and restaurants. You'll find just about anything you need within the 52.7 square miles of Santa Clarita.
- Look Out for Movie Stars: Due to its proximity to Hollywood, a number of television shows and movies have been filmed in Santa Clarita, including Deadwood, Heroes, The Dukes of Hazzard, and Christine.
Helpful Websites for Learning More about Moving to Santa Clarita:The service center for Santa Clarita, CA is located in Pacoima, CA.
Things to do
Chamber of Commerce
Information about Santa Clarita, CA