Highlights on moving to Whittier, CA!
If moving to Whittier is in your plans, you’ll be joining around 85,000 others who already call this great city home. Located only about 12 miles southeast of Los Angeles, Whittier is just 22 miles from LA/Ontario International Airport and is only a short drive to other points of interest such as Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Paramount Studios, Madame Tussauds Hollywood, and Grauman’s Chinese Theater.
Your move to Whittier will also put you near many natural attractions: The Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Center is the world’s largest urban national park and is located less than an hour from Whittier. Other attractions in the area include: Angeles National Forest, Channel Islands National Park, Pyramid Lake, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Powder Canyon, Franklin Canyon and more!
Moving to Whittier – What to expect
- The climate in Whittier. Whittier offers mild winters and hot, dry summers. November-April is the rainy season receiving an average of 13 inches. August is the city’s warmest month with an average high temperature of 84 degrees and December is the coolest month with averages lows in the upper 40’s.
- Getting around in Whittier. Metro offers bus service to city residents and you can even enjoy additional discounts on monthly passes! Metro is also planning to expand their light rail service to include Whittier.
- Getting an education in Whittier. If you have school age children: Whittier School District services Whittier’s K-12 students. For those in search of higher education in the city options include: Whittier College and Southern California University of Health Sciences.
- Eating in Whittier. When it comes time to dine in Whittier you’ll be pleased to know that there are over 100 options locally ranging from American to Thai and everything in between. If you’re looking for a quick bite to eat, Carl’s Jr. is a favorite among residents. The Bottle Room is another local favorite and offers casual dining with the finest craft beers, extensive wine list and menu options to please everyone. Phlight Restaurant and Wine Bar specializes in Spanish tapas along with an international selection of boutique wine and beer. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and keeps you coming back for more. Menu items include: Brown Sugar and Ginger Short Ribs, Serrano Wrapped Asparagus, Baked Iberian Crepes, Tomato Tempura and more!
- Shopping in Whittier. Whittier Uptown offers over 70 shops and specialty boutiques for all your shopping needs. Whittwood Town Center is another local shopping mall in Whittier anchored by JC Penney, Sears, Kohl’s and Target with over 40 other stores and restaurants for your enjoyment. And don’t forget! Just a short drive away you can find many other shopping options in the city of Los Angeles.
Moving to Whittier, California – New Resident Links
City WebsiteThe service center for Whittier, CA is located in Pico Rivera, CA.
Chamber of Commerce
Public Works/City Utilities
Points of Interest
Information about Whittier, CA