Guide for Moving to Redondo Beach, CA - Los Angeles County
In the South Bay region of Los Angeles County is the city of Redondo Beach, California. Redondo Beach is located on the beautiful Pacific Ocean yet only twenty miles from the booming metropolis of Los Angeles. With a population of approximately 66,000, Redondo Beach has a quaint, small town feel while being only minutes away from all that the big city has to offer. Have to travel often? No problem! Los Angeles International Airport is a mere seven miles away making travel to and from the city a breeze. Please continue reading this guide for even more tips on moving to Redondo Beach.
Helpful Tips for Moving to Redondo Beach, CA
- Climate: Redondo Beach's weather is very consistent throughout the year with the highest temperatures reaching the high-70s and the lowest temperatures reaching the mid-40s. Soothing sea breezes make the atmosphere of the city balmy and comfortable even on Christmas!
- Education: Some of the area’s best schools are located in Redondo Beach. There are a total of twelve public schools in the city all within the Redondo Beach Unified School District. El Camino College is also located a short five miles from Redondo Beach and offers several programs to prepare students for transferring to major universities.
- Transportation: In addition to being minutes away from LAX, Redondo Beach is also on the Metro Rail Green Line. The Green Line stops at several nearby areas as well as an Aviation/LAX stop where passengers can board a free shuttle bus to the airport. Additionally, several taxi services are available to go anywhere in and near Redondo Beach.
- Daytime Recreation: Situated right on the Pacific Ocean, the majestic beach that gives Redondo Beach its name is the city's main attraction. Tourists and locals alike head to the sandy beach to soak up the sun and relax. However, if sunning isn't your style, surfing, fishing, boating, scuba diving and several other activities are also available on the beach to ensure that you'll never run out of fun things to do.
- Nightlife: No need to go to Los Angeles to find things to do! Redondo Beach has its own bustling nightlife with live music and dance clubs positioned right near the ocean. Free live concerts are available Thursday and Saturday nights on the Redondo Beach Pier: all you have to do is bring a chair and enjoy the eclectic musical styles! Also located on the pier is BriXton, which offers live entertainment and boasts the largest dance floor in South Bay.
- Shopping: A wide variety of shops are located on the Redondo Beach Pier where you can browse everything from bathing suits to pearls all while nibbling on the various snacks and foods offered by local fast food restaurants. For a more traditional shopping experience, head over to the South Bay Galleria where you can shop at over 140 stores or catch a movie at the AMC South Bay Galleria 16.
Useful Links--Moving to Redondo Beach, CAThe service center for Redondo Beach, CA is located in Long Beach, CA.
Chamber of Commerce
New Resident Info
Information about Redondo Beach, CA