Moving Companies in Texarkana, AR
Taking Off from Texarkana
Texarkana, Arkansas, is a small, bustling town (population of about 30,000) in Arkansas’ Southwest corner. State Line Avenue separates it from its twin city of Texarkana, Texas.
There’s a lot to like about living in this region, but if you find yourself preparing for a change of scenery, an experienced, moving service like U-Pack® can make the job much easier. Our nationwide network of 240 service centers (including one in Texarkana) takes the hassle out of long-distance moving.
Find out how U-Pack works, and then get a quote.
Texarkana Tidbits: Fun Facts About This Arkansas City
Texarkana is an interesting place, and not just because of its unusual name (although that’s part of it). For instance:
- The name “Texarkana” is a blend of Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana. Another story about the name’s origin is that it came from a storekeeper named Swindle in Red Land, Louisiana, who created a drink called “Texarkana Bitters.”
- The two Texarkanas sometimes function as one city. The State Line Post Office and Federal Building is the only U.S. post office situated in two states.
- Four States Auto Museum displays vehicles representing more than 100 years of auto manufacturing.
- The Perot Theater first opened in 1924 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Will Rogers and Annie Oakley are among the legendary entertainers who’ve performed there.
- A mural of Scott Joplin honors the Texarkana native and Pulitzer Prize-winning composer who’s known as “The Father of Ragtime Music.”
2321 E. Broad
Texarkana AR, 71854