Moving Companies in Anchorage, AK
Outbound from the North: Preparing to Move from Anchorage
Getting to Anchorage isn’t easy. And once you get there, leaving may be tough, as well. The area’s sheer natural beauty, combined with its small-town vibe (despite a population of around 300,000), makes it a magnet for travelers and adventure-seekers. Many say they went to visit and never left!
If you do decide to leave Alaska, having knowledge and experience in your corner can make a world of difference. U-Pack® specializes in long-distance moves throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Get a free online quote or by calling one of our helpful consultants at 844-362-5303844-594-3077.
Did You Know?
It’s no secret that Anchorage winters can be long and cold, and that Alaskan salmon is prized for its quality. But what about taking a deeper dive? Quiz yourself and your friends with these nuggets of Anchorage knowledge:
- The City of Anchorage stretches almost 2,000 square miles — longer than the entire state of Rhode Island
- Anchorage is a major port, receiving more than 95 percent of all freight entering Alaska
- The city’s location on the globe puts it within 9.5 hours of flying time to almost 90 percent of the industrialized world
- Residents of Anchorage pay no sales tax or income tax
- In July, Anchorage gets about 19 hours of daylight per day
- There’s no native snake population in Anchorage (or anywhere else in Alaska)
- Bears, moose, wolves, beavers and foxes are among the wildlife living within the city limits or nearby areas
- On a clear day, you can see six different mountain ranges from Anchorage: The Alaska, Aleutian, Chugach, Kenai, Talkeetna, and Tordrillo ranges
3027 Rampart Drive
Anchorage AK, 99501